Worlds 2014 Hafjell

Headshot

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiaan Odendal, Sam Bull and Garlicke (other riders in the pic) plus a few others have been based primarily in Morzine. Pottie is based in Leogang I think. Living the van life in Europe doing the World Cups and IXS races.

the advantage is that you get to chill with tahnee seagrave :whistling:

Tiaan Odendal, Sam Bull and Garlicke (other riders in the pic) plus a few others have been based primarily in Morzine. Pottie is based in Leogang I think. Living the van life in Europe doing the World Cups and IXS races.

You'd all be shocked at how little (nothing) these guys make out of racing and how little they live on. Even some of the higher profile teams on the World Cup circuit grovel along effectively camping and squatting through Europe. It all sounds like fun but these guys are literally risking life and limb hoping to work their way up the results and land a ride on a top team.

Remember seeing a photo of Tracey coming second at an event and only netting a $1000 for her efforts. Not lucrative to try and live of race winnings alone. Huge kudos to them to keep having a crack at making the big time ala Mr Min and Needles. Would love to see more Saffa's making a mark in Europe.

The following riders have been selected according to the 2014 CSA-MTB Selection Criteria.

Cross-country (XCO)

Junior

Bianca Haw

Frances du Toit

Julian Jessop

Alan Hatherly

U23

Candice Neethling

James Reid

William Mokgopo

Brendon Davids

Elite

Mariske Strauss

Philip Buys

Rourke Croeser

Downhill (DHI)

Junior

Gregg Brown

Andrew Martin

Elite

Greg Minnaar

Andrew Neethling

Timothy Bentley

Stefan Garlicki

Tiaan Odendaal

Edited by nigelhicks

Ok so Tim Bentley is not racing worlds - just chatted to him now and his visa expires tomorrow! ... so he is on his way home after being in Europe for a couple of months. .... what crap luck

What did okes think of the Eliminator last night???

IMO it was a little boring - whoever got out of the first woods in front won pretty much ... (except for the Mens Finals!) ... That was proper action ... hahaha That last move in the last corner was proper karma as that Frenchie had been taking okes out in almost every heat.

Although - he was bloody strong and sort of deserved the win

Edited by nigelhicks

AFAIK - on their own ... no funding (or at max limited funding) from SASCOC / CSA

Wouldn't expect SASCOCk to fund them, then they wouldn't have money to go themselves

I think one more person who deserves a mention is Tim Keep who was there as Nedene,s tech/coach but also rode the Masters and came 33rd....on a 29er SINGLE SPEED.. :eek:

Tim, was PAW on the other forum no? Rode Wild Ride SS too IIRC

Some specials for worlds

Peatys bike :drool:post-2975-0-05835000-1409749104_thumb.jpg

Sams Helmet

post-2975-0-92756700-1409749101_thumb.jpg