Revised 94,7 Route

Gumpole

COOL!!

Those 5km in the CBD are going to really cool.

Also with 8 odd corners in that 5km means your going to have to be really aware that the bunch doesn't split up there

Thats going to be fun

How fast do you have to ride to insure nobody steels your wheels?LOL

No water tower anymoreCry

The other big thing is that no motorcyles is allowed on that section of Highway due to the expantion gaps on the bridges.  I wonder what they will do about them.Ouch

I just wish they could have kept as near as possible to the original route. Coz now its never going to be an accurate reflection of how the race has been over the years. Its a pity.

Ox Wagon, i'm sure they'll work something out, but in all honesty, if bicycles are gonna go over there, then i guarantee you bikes will have no probs. anyway, i've often seen guys ignoring the "no bikes" sign.

Slowpoke, a 120mm front tire on most larger bikes would not have a problem. I think they introduced the rule for the smaller capacity bike with Marie-biscuit wheel.  The problem is that a bicycle 23mm tire is a lot smaller.   Just imagine them putting conveyor belt over each joint, eeicchOuch<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ox_Wagon2008-03-12 06:39:38

i do not care what changes they made to the route, as long as i dont have to start at the back again in the heat of the day....!Big%20smile

OW, exactly - they must have worked something out to make it safe - maybe rubber mats over every one...