D.I.Y gels

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hammer have some decent small ones that you can buy from Dischem.

Thanks , will give it a bash this week

How much did that cost?

Berry mix you can get 500g for R20 we used Honey that cost R50 for 500g we put in some dried apricot, almonds and flax seed which was R16/250g. So all in all not much. Was feeling shaky yesterday, ate two and not long after I was good again.

• 5 weeks later...

I have seen these lemon looking energy halves around, where can you get them and for how much as they seem to work a lot better then GU.

Hey guys, just scanned through the thread. Some very good ideas, my biggest problem is in what do you store the gel? I'll go have a look at dischem and see what they have. Other option might be to just seal it yourself.

With regards to the bars: I made myself protein bars: 3 scoops of whey protein, 1 cup oats, some berries, blend all together, add coconut milk, mix it all together to form a thick mixture, flatten it all out and form the bar shape, for some sugar I just covered them in milk melting chocolate. Final cost of a bar, including protein which is R600 for 3kg was around R6 per bar.

Hey guys, just scanned through the thread. Some very good ideas, my biggest problem is in what do you store the gel? I'll go have a look at dischem and see what they have. Other option might be to just seal it yourself.

With regards to the bars: I made myself protein bars: 3 scoops of whey protein, 1 cup oats, some berries, blend all together, add coconut milk, mix it all together to form a thick mixture, flatten it all out and form the bar shape, for some sugar I just covered them in milk melting chocolate. Final cost of a bar, including protein which is R600 for 3kg was around R6 per bar.

I bought 2 x 100ml bottles with caps at a plastic shop for R2.50 per bottle. I mix 80g honey with 20ml strong coffee which gives good consistency. Two bottles = 2 hours nutrition @ 300kcal per hour.

you okes ride to much, that is the problem.

1. biltong and hip flask in the pocket.

2. stop on side of road

3. enjoy view and eat biltong

4. drink from hip flask

4. take pictures of view and people looking oddly while drinking from hip flask

2. find bicyle

3. start riding again

5. stay in yellow line/on single track.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived