MUST WATCH: E-Thirteen Finally Answers the Age-Old Question

Iwan Kemp

No I disagree. yes the weight is further away from the center with a 29er. the difference is that the rotating surface is also bigger on a 29er. the point is that the 26er would have to accelerate and turn faster to cover the same ground in the same time as a 29er. therefore if the cones were of different sizes the experiment might be different. the point is that the larger the wheel the slower it can turn to reach the same distance in the same time that it would take a smaller wheel turning faster. the 26 would have to be faster and have higher acceleration to maintain the same pace as a 29.

I do not know which one would be better just that it would be an interesting experiment to see.

lala land

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Touche

So why did they not do it like that - so I still wonder.

TOUCHE? explain what you have proven?!? this test is about Acceleration, not gravity!!!!!!!

MMM let me simplify this.

If you dive or belly flop into a pool,which would generate less resistance even though the weights are identical?

The dive!

Weight(objects) that is wider distributed around a centre pin will rotate LIGHTER(less momentum) then the concentrated weights.

This means squat in relation to the topic in discussion :eek:

Edited by feetup