Bouncy shocks

Runbikeswim

Cant remember , is it decrease the rebound if it feels as if you are bouncing around or is it decrease shock pressure?

Secondly if shock is locked and its bouncy?

Firstly - fork or shock?

The terminology is a bit strange, but here goes.

If you increase the rebound damping (toward the tortoise on RS) Then the rebound is slower as it has more "damping" on the speed. By turning it to the tortoise you are slowly closing the valves inside the rebound cartridge, which means the oil can't move as fast from one chamber to the other and the fork / shock isn't as bouncy (hence you increase the damping in order to get it less like a pogo stick)

If you decrease the rebound damping (turn towards rabbit) it opens the circuits and the oil can flow freely, therefore it rebounds faster.

If your fork or shock is locked out and it's still bouncy, there's something wrong.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Locked and bouncy is normal for Rockshox - there's always a bit of movement at the top of the stroke to prevent damage to the internals if you take a big hit with the lockout on.

If it's Fox, it'll feel stiff up to a point and then let go - this is a pedalling platform, AKA low speed compression damping, not a lockout. Same reason as above, except it's more likely to save your teeth as well.

As for the damping and setup, read Hairy's links.