Hill2Hill 2014

dyls

So who's in? I've heard a rumour that more single track has been added this year and that it will be a bit longer to, with another climb added at the end? how true this is, I'm not sure..... What are your guys thoughts? What have you heard?

After last years race, the only way I wont do better is if I DNF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45km at least enjoyable,100km a Killa and not my idea of fun

SEE you at the start then! I'll try keep up..

I've entered the 100km (first time) so have no idea what to expect! Any words of wisdom from those who have done it?

yes..its either going to be VERY hot or VERY wet...if it VERY wet then make sure you have skinny tyres and your pads are fresh. If it is VERY hot then drink regularly and make sure you douse yourself in water at every opportunity. The last two times i did it, the temps were in the mid 40's.....the first time I did not hydrate properly and that was arguably the worst time I have ever had on my bike

I've entered the 100km (first time) so have no idea what to expect! Any words of wisdom from those who have done it?

I had no wisdom or encouragement when i signed up for the 100 since changed my entry (THANKS ROAG) to 45km..If training has been neglected you shall suffer and if you're a weekend warrior looking for some excitement rather put on nat geographic, this is what i was told by some very respectable people.. From me i say, Good luck and give it horns!!!!! Ride like no'ones watching and brake like no'ones behind you.

My Advice - get one of these

http://cx.cxmagazine.com/wp-content/gallery/2013-ibis-hakkalugi-disc-brake-cyclocross-bike-don-myrah/ibis-hakkalugi-disc-2013-cyclocross-bike-don-myrah-img_9489-e_1.jpg

- As stretch said - I lost interest AGES ago ... I know they try to spice it up but just not enough fun in it for the fun-tax needed IMO.

Edited by nigelhicks

yes..its either going to be VERY hot or VERY wet...if it VERY wet then make sure you have skinny tyres and your pads are fresh. If it is VERY hot then drink regularly and make sure you douse yourself in water at every opportunity. The last two times i did it, the temps were in the mid 40's.....the first time I did not hydrate properly and that was arguably the worst time I have ever had on my bike

Rain makes it hell but the heat is not COOOL either.

My Advice - get one of these

http://cx.cxmagazine.com/wp-content/gallery/2013-ibis-hakkalugi-disc-brake-cyclocross-bike-don-myrah/ibis-hakkalugi-disc-2013-cyclocross-bike-don-myrah-img_9489-e_1.jpg

- As stretch said - I lost interest AGES ago ... I know they try to spice it up but just not enough fun in it for the fun-tax needed IMO.

This is why I do the 45 km,max 2 -3hrs and it's done,no fun sitting 6-7hrs or more in the saddle.

I had no wisdom or encouragement when i signed up for the 100 since changed my entry (THANKS ROAG) to 45km..If training has been neglected you shall suffer and if you're a weekend warrior looking for some excitement rather put on nat geographic, this is what i was told by some very respectable people.. From me i say, Good luck and give it horns!!!!! Ride like no'ones watching and brake like no'ones behind you.

I am a weekend warrior but have already entered the 100km- great what have I done :eek:

I am a weekend warrior but have already entered the 100km- great what have I done :eek: Eish good luck,pace yourself is all advice I can give you.

I am a weekend warrior but have already entered the 100km- great what have I done :eek:

shaun if you havent done it before it is a great accomplishment - so dont be deterred by us ... its a good day out ... but you will be knackered when you are done climbing sunshine hill