Trek Warranty Question - Avid Elixir Brake problem

WKNDWRRR

I also had trouble with my Elixirs early on and with all the bad press around them I came very close to just buying another brand BUT: I eventually found that the issue was actually a minor problem caused by the LBS when they originally changed my brakes around (I use a right-hand front set-up and the bike was supplied with the Euro set-up). Since replacing a damaged ferule on the hose they have been fantastic - both great to ride and to service (I did a bleed once after 4000km just for fun). During the tough time of sorting out the pro blem I was told that one of the best things about SRAM is that their agents are actually very good at sorting out waranty issues etc. I stopped short of dealing with them personally because I managed to track down the issue myself, but it was good te hear that you are not completely without support if there are real problems. So while you will get lots of replies telling you that you should simply buy Shimanos and while here clearly are many complaints about Elixirs I would suggest not getting sucked into dispair just yet. There are many many Elixirs out there working and working well, so there is no reason yours cannot also be great. Good luck.

PS. If you are in any way interested in working on your own bike I would suggest getting your own bleed kit. Easy to use and fun to know that you can do it yourself if needed.

This is NOT a trek issue TREK do not make Avid brakes....contact http://www.capecycles.co.za/ and tell them about your problem.

Chances are they will tell you to take it to a bike shop who will send the brake to them for repair etc.

Thanks for all the responses, great feedback from the Hub community as I expected! I shall update with the outcome as it may help someone else in future.

Look forward to your feedback !

Currently have same set up on my bike and its in at LBS complained about Rear brake shudder at the moment.

Bike is only 4mths old and i have only ridden the bike 9 times !

Hope the issue gets sorted out on my side too !