help needed......xx or xo

MonsterMan

It allows for the spider to be changed to different pcd's where as the XX crank has a fixed 120bcd spider. Also the XO cranks are exactly the same as the XX1 cranks other than the different labels on them. So as a fact if you put a XX1 spider on your XO crank you basically have a XX1 crankset.

So X0 is different not really Better, but does have more options

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For one you have the option to change the spider to accomodate other chainring options.

Who wants to run anything else than 26x39? :whistling:

So X0 is different not really Better, but does have more options

Remember I said the cranks are better and I will keep to that statement.

I have redone a few xx cranks which forced the removal of the original paintwork on them and to be quite honest the carbon work underneath the paint is shocking.

I'd love to have this problem. Personally I really like the X0. I use it on one of my bikes and it's just so reliable and smooth and it looks great. I never have problems with it.

Remember I said the cranks are better and I will keep to that statement.

I have redone a few xx cranks which forced the removal of the original paintwork on them and to be quite honest the carbon work underneath the paint is shocking.

I was referring to the cranks....

So X0 has more options and wrt to the carbon work, ANY biek that is sprayed or ANY carbon part that it painted will look shocking under that ....

I was referring to the cranks....

So X0 has more options and wrt to the carbon work, ANY biek that is sprayed or ANY carbon part that it painted will look shocking under that ....

Nope.

XX is lightweight "professional racer" level.

X0 is more for the everyday cyclist.

XX will as a result not last as long, and is more expensive to maintain / replace worn out / broken parts.

X0 is quite robust, because it is not made to be as light as possible.

Very little difference (to you and me at least) in performance.

IMHO, not worth the effort / expense.

Not really that much Lighter

Shifters

XX = 183g

X0 = 232g

RD

XX = 181g

X0 = 190g

Cranks

XX = 757g

X0 = 788g

Nope.

Have to agree with Bogus. Your underlying finish on the Carbon (especially if painted over) largely determines the quality of the make-up. If there are blemishes everwhere, that means that the okes don't give a toss about the quality of the finish and have taken shortcuts.

Also - if your underlying carbon is badly finished, so will the paint be.

Lol i still dont agree but ok its Friday and ill let you have this one :P

:clap: :clap: :clap:

More expensive materials and manufacturing on the XX series to save a few grams, but the design is much the same on X0 (even X9) certainly cant go wrong with that.