2014 UCI Road World Championships Ponferrada

jcza

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgios Bouglas (Greece) is still away between the break and the peloton, enjoying a moment of glory.

????

As the peloton passes through the finish, the sun suddenly emerges but the roads are wet and there is still a lot of grey cloud.

Several riders have tangled and gone down in the centre of Ponferrada. Half a dozen riders went down, including Vincenzo Nibali (Italy).

Nibali is a group of five riders chasing to get back on. He seemed to have crashed on the same hip that he hurt in a recent crash at the Tre Valli Varesine.

Nibali gets a sticky bottle from the team car and moves up through the team cars. Italian coach Davide Cassani will have wanted to understand how Nibali feels after his crash.

With the break more than 15 minutes ahead, they are close to half a lap in front of the peloton.

????????

With 177km to go, the German team has started to lead the chase. They will hope that others will follow.

Surprisingly Andre Greipel is on the front. He seems ready to sacrifice his chances for Degenkolb and the team.

????

The speed and tension has risen in the peloton as Poland lead the riders through the finish area and pits.

Archived