2014 UCI Road World Championships Ponferrada

jcza

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have got a lot of respect for the young lad because of the way he rides. Really positive racer, makes his own opportunities and backs it up with a supreme talent. For me, that was arguably the most deserved win based on positive, attacking racing since Cuddles won the 2009 Worlds in Mendrisio.

Only 24 years old, the lighty has a very bright future.

But one name who seemed to be completely absent (in the race, as well as all the post-race analysis) is Sagan. What happened to him? Was he even there?

Bold, brave move and great to see a decent win in the Worlds for a change! ie not a wheel sucker getting lucky.

100% agree.

Next year is in Richmond, USA. Looks like an interesting course with lots of sharp little climbs and cobbles too. I'm looking forward to that one.

But 2016 in Qatar is going to be a flat sprinters race. 250+ km of dead boring bunch riding, with maybe the last 10km of real racing, ending with Kittel walking away with the rainbow jersey. Yawn.

I didn't hear the commentators picking him out in the bunch during the race like they were doing with all the other pre-race favourites. Hell, even Impey and van Rensburg got regular mentions.

Then nothing of him in the post-race analysis on sites like Cycling News, Velo News, etc.

Not sure if that means anything, but seemed to be he was relegated to one of the faceless riders in the race. From being top-of-mind for the whole cycling world to completely ignored - that's quite a drop in stature for the guy, hey?

not sure if anyone has asked but was this 16th SA's best ever elite result at world champs?

Saw that it is for MEN ..... ladies have had better!