2014 UCI Road World Championships Ponferrada

jcza

????????

The Italian team car has collected pedals and front wheel to service Nibali's bike a the second pits area on the circuit. Nibali apparently changed bikes after his crash.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The peloton is on the Mirador climb under blue skies and a warm sun. However rain is forecast for later in the afternoon.

⚠️

Cancellara is at the back of the peloton again. It seems he had a further technical problem. Wyss is there to help him get back to the bunch.

The gap to the break has fallen to 14:00 but the peloton will have to pull back close to two minutes per lap for the rest of the race.

Georgios Bouglas (Greece) has been caught by the peloton. His moment of glory has ended thanks to the Poland team leading the chase.

Vincenzo Nibali is at the back of the peloton but seems ok after his earlier crash. He has taken off his gilet but still has knee warmers on to stay warm.

Michal Kwiatkowski is the team leader for Poland. He will be hoping for a hard race and that perhaps explains why his teammates are working so hard on the front.

Teams are now riding together. The whole Polish team remains on the front, with Australia tucked on their wheels.

The crowd at the Ponferrada castle is growing. It is great place to see the riders go by and also enjoy the food and wine of Spain.

Archived