2014 UCI Road World Championships Ponferrada

jcza

All together again now. But immediately a Portuguese and a Spanish rider attack. They're going up a climb with about 12km to go. Another 4 trying to bridge. Everyone starting to attack the peloton now. So much youthful impatience and enthusiasm on show. Australia down to 2 riders and have lost control of the situation, after driving the front for nearly the entire race.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louis seems to have fallen back into the bunch again - blown?

Just constant attacks now from all over the place. Everyone for themselves.

Danes and Italians now trying to get organised. one guy from Colombia out front now. He's got 18 seconds on the field. Is this the winning attack?

One Italian is trying to bridge across with about 6 riders about another 10 seconds back. 

NO! The italian goes down on a fast descending corner. Up again and trying to get back to the 6.

The peloton is strung out in 1 long line. No organisation. I get the feeling of a lot of desperation taking over.

More attacks off the peloton. Not seeing any Saffa in the line. It's a little bit chaotic with the cameramen and director not sure where to aim.

But the peloton catches the Colombian and immediately a big Norwegian attacks up the last climb. Big punchy guy (new Katusha signing apparently). Got 8 seconds on the bunch and now just a long downhill to the finish.

Danes and Italians now trying to get organised. one guy from Colombia out front now. He's got 18 seconds on the field. Is this the winning attack?

One Italian is trying to bridge across with about 6 riders about another 10 seconds back. 

NO! The italian goes down on a fast descending corner. Up again and trying to get back to the 6.

The peloton is strung out in 1 long line. No organisation. I get the feeling of a lot of desperation taking over.

keep it coming

5 chasers behind the Norwegian. But I think he's got it.

The Colombian goes again (Ramirez). Out on his own in second.

Norwegian's name is Boustrom. He's descending like a bullet, sitting on the top tube through the fast bends.

Meintjies a bit too confident with that early attack no way he can comeback from that now or is there one match left?

The main bunch might reach the Columbian, which will be a bunch sprint for silver. But 450m to go for the Norwegian. Go boy

Archived