Oil leaking from bottom of fox fork

Joebike

Came back from work today and saw that the left leg of my fork was leaking some oil at the bottom of the leg?is this a serious problem?and what to do?

Seems like it is coming from the nut( the blue-ish fluid) but the nut is super tight so not that,so must be the seal there?

post-42758-0-69454500-1411407739_thumb.jpg

Guest notmyname

Buy Fox - the real thing is much better.

Wealth of wit here..

Crush washer needs to be replaced

And good luck trying to find those sold on their own, everyone I have spoken to wants to sell me the service kit for R400 odd. I just wanted to keep a couple of washers as spares at home but it seems its all or nothing with the washers when it comes to Fox spares!

You are unlikely to find loose crush washers in Bloem. PM me your address and I'll post you a couple.  Those nuts should not be super tight.  6nm is enough.  Your left side (air spring side) should have 10ml of 10wt oil in the lower.  Check on you tube to see how to loosen the shaft to get the oil in.

I have long since given up on getting a couple of crush washers, my quick fix

(now seems to be permanent) has to loosen the nut/bolt and just wind plumbers tape ,many times around the nut/bolt gap,even on both sides of the crush

washer, then tighten up, this has worked for me.

For a bike bought new in March this should not really be happening if you havent abused it. Take back to the shop where you bought it ?

Archived