Can this be true??

lollos

Daar is nie eers 'n kans nie! Daai bike moet gaan vir oor die R12k as ek moes reken... Daar kom gereeld Santa Cruz bikes op gumtree, hulle almal is toevallig R19k met vol xx1 en ook die Carbon C weergawe en dan is hulle "nuut". Ek wens die mense wil ophou om sulke goed te post want enige mens met 'n verstand weet dat dit nie waar kan wees nie.

Het nounet met die "eienaar" van die fiets gepraat. Baie gaaf en als en is nogals bereid om die fiets saam met vriende vir my af te stuur vanaf Harrismith na die Wes Kaap - en ek hoef net R1000 deposito te betaal!!! Hahahaha :clap:  En hy het die geld dringend nodig vir sy seuntjie se beenburg oorplanting vanmiddag. :eek:  Ja nee, as iets te goed lyk om waar te wees, dan is dit gewoonlik!!!

LOL dit is altyd so storie van dis 'n operasie... Waar in jou lewe gaan jy R1000 kort vir 'n beenmurg oorplanting, ek meen as jy nou al gekom het tot by X bedrag dan moet jy dit kan bekostig( ek het geen idee wat dit kos nie maar ek dink R1000 is soos 1% van die totale bedrag van die operasie)...

Im sure that some people dont know about this function but its great.

If you use google chrome then right click on the pic of the bike and choose "search google for this image"

It will then process the google image search and show you where else that same image exists on the internet.

I use this often even for stuff advertised on the hub from low posters selling stuff.

This is what the pic reveals:

http://goo.gl/oqd6Rg (original URL was hella long)

Gumtree should put some kind of safety measures in place to reduce these types of scam ads and not just post a general warning message. I mean they can use the same process as per Rocket-Boy's suggestion above

Im sure that some people dont know about this function but its great.

If you use google chrome then right click on the pic of the bike and choose "search google for this image"

It will then process the google image search and show you where else that same image exists on the internet.

I use this often even for stuff advertised on the hub from low posters selling stuff.

This is what the pic reveals:

http://goo.gl/oqd6Rg (original URL was hella long)

Thanks for the great tip!! I'll defenetly use this in the future!

Gumtree should put some kind of safety measures in place to reduce these types of scam ads and not just post a general warning message. I mean they can use the same process as per Rocket-Boy's suggestion above

Good idea, it shouldnt even be too hard to do.

If they have a rating system where the match is say 90% positive then flag it for an admin to check or something.

Thanks for the great tip!! I'll defenetly use this in the future!

It works really well, if you dont see the same pic anywhere else then its pretty safe to say its an original pic.

And let me guess,you need to do a cash send transaction..no bank account..the banks should stop these cash send transactions..

It works really well, if you dont see the same pic anywhere else then its pretty safe to say its an original pic.

Great tip. I do this daily.

There are addons for firefox which also allow this. But yeah. Chrome FTW.

Some of them an even do a reverse image search to find the source.

Remember you can also save any pic to your pc and check the properties.

It usually tells you under the details tab which camera/phone snapped it.

The date and time it was taken, etc.

But there are ways that these images can avoid googles detection and/or original file properties.

I could download an image/take a photo. Make it ever so slightly darker. Crop out 1mm and re-upload. Suddenly its a completely different file and technically and original in its own right.

There's always a way. Thankfully most skelms are still dom.

Great tip. I do this daily.

There are addons for firefox which also allow this. But yeah. Chrome FTW.

Some of them an even do a reverse image search to find the source.

Remember you can also save any pic to your pc and check the properties.

It usually tells you under the details tab which camera/phone snapped it.

The date and time it was taken, etc.

But there are ways that these images can avoid googles detection and/or original file properties.

I could download an image/take a photo. Make it ever so slightly darker. Crop out 1mm and re-upload. Suddenly its a completely different file and technically and original in its own right.

There's always a way. Thankfully most skelms are still dom.

yeah unfortunately even the EXIF data can be edited to show different camera's etc.

Most of the people selling want to just do a quick scam and dont bother changing things. You do usually get a list of similar images which will hopefully give you an idea of if its a copy or not.

Archived