what hubs for my spank wheels?

BaGearA

Hi guys gonna build a spank wheelset(anybody have experence with them?) and i am wondering what hubs to get(on a budget) weight does'nt bother me I want something strong that wl go long without a service(thinking of X9 hubs)

Any tips?

post-46013-0-24099000-1411661584_thumb.png

Wanted to ask why Syncros/X9 on the other post...

Why not Hopes? Heard from a couple of people that they are best when it comes to maintenance and availability of parts. If on a budget I heard that Novatec is also good (The new Bike shop on Beyers Naude, randburg, world-wear centre are stocking their wheels, think you should be able to source the hubs through them).

Morning Francois,

Go with Hopes as suggested. They are durable, great value for money, engagement is fast (but not class-leading), they can be adapted to take ANY axle size future-proofing your purchase, are easy to service with parts available for just about everything and, best of all, they come in all sorts of ano colors. Hope is imported and distributed by the same guys who do Spank, so you will be abe to get them to build the wheels for you.

For something with all of the above + plus fastest engagement, but that's a bit more exclusive go with Industry Nine Hubs. 

Both will be available from your LBS

I run Hope hubs on my Spank Oozy rims. I really like them! The distributors also now stock full Spank wheel sets.

Locally the agents for Spank and Hope are one in the same. Give Jason a call at Intl trade, may even hook you up with Spank hubs if you really want to match. 

011 781 5324

My personal experience has been positive with them, surprisingly light for a wheelset that's geared towards more trail use and heavy riding. 

Archived