Zwift Island- changing the Virtual Racing landscape

NeoOne

Having been in the market for an indoor trainer for a while and getting bogged down by Ant+ or not to Ant+. Which ones are online capable, which can add routes/rides to and which indoor trainer is fair for its pricepoint......

So according to the article, all you need is a regular indoor trainer with an ANT+ cadence/speed sensor and ANT+ dongle to push data to the application. Seems it'll work on iPad and some smartphones and the hardware is available for well under a hundred dollars.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/09/30/new-multiplayer-online-cycling-game-zwift-revolutionizes-indoor-training/

SO if youre keen on signing up for a beta version, head on down to zwift.com. Register an email account and wait for notification if youre one of the first 1000 to try it out

Edited by NeoOne

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You need a serious computer to run this program. Big, fast graphics card or you're wasting your time. I gut a quote - between 10k and 15k for the box alone.

You need a serious computer to run this program. Big, fast graphics card or you're wasting your time. I gut a quote - between 10k and 15k for the box alone.

Nope - these are the recommended specs:

OS Windows 7 or higher,

OS X 10.9 or higher PROCESSOR Dual Core i5 or AMD MEMORY 8GB GRAPHICS 2GB Radeon R9 200 series, or NVidia GTX 650 HARD DRIVE 4GB of free space

Not going to break the bank.

Got a mate running it on his MacBook and its pretty cool. So shouldn't need a major box to run it. A decent laptop will do the job fine