Garmin 920XT

Spinnekop

• 1 month later...

Any long term thoughts from the guys who have been using this?

Started running again so thought of selling the Edge 800 and replacing it with this.

Any long term thoughts from the guys who have been using this?

Started running again so thought of selling the Edge 800 and replacing it with this.

Has behaved fantastic so far.  Have done a 1/2 Iron distance, a couple of road cycling events, 1/2 marathons, etc. with it and the ease of use and performance has been brilliant.  Best of all is that Garmin is listening to the users and using their feedback to update any 'issues'. 

With the launch of Connect IQ, there's also a spade of new data fields, apps, clock faces, etc. appearing, e.g. last week I uploaded a resting heart rate app and gives a much more realistic reading that the android apps.

Having Bluetooth technology is also great.  I find that I hardly look at my phone anymore.  All Gmails, WhatsApps, etc. appear on phone face.  Very handy when cycling\running.

Wife also loves Activity Tracking.  She can follow my long rides on her phone in real time.

Thanks for the feedback. How have you found the display while cycling? Heard a couple of complaints that it's quite small compared to the 910xt?

Thanks for the feedback. How have you found the display while cycling? Heard a couple of complaints that it's quite small compared to the 910xt?

I upgraded from a 310XT, so I was used to the display.  Can't say that I recall instances where I struggled to see the display.  I'm pretty used to which field displays which data..  

The Fenix 3 (the same hardware base) is a round face, so it might have a larger display?  Only problem is that you'll have to wait for it to be released and it's pricier...

Cool. Thanks for the reply!

I'm quite keen on getting one - just not crazy about the white/red colour combo. The black/blue is still arriving apparently.

• 1 month later...

So I got my 920 today. I ordered over the net so I was a bit concerned about the size from what I could see in the shop windows. I must say I am pleasantly surprised. Its not very thick and the face it pretty much the same size as the latest fashion watches. Another plus is that it is very very light. I don't think getting a wetsuite over it will be an issue (was my concern)Thumbs up.

This is my first Garmin so I just have 1 question that I can not get the answer to on the web. How do I use Garmin Connect, Garmin IQ or Garmin Express to set the different Data Fields on the unit or can this only be done on the unit itself?

Fields are edited on the unit. Cumbersome, but shouldn't take too long.

Field editing works better than I expeir d on other garmin.

As for screens I've, it's perfect. I like that I can edit the "qi"? Apps from the garmin app store via my phone to the 920. Loaded a suffer score app, sunrise/sunset app and a new watch face.

Still hate the colours thou...

Edited by RoboJedi

• 4 months later...

Is it advisable to get a speed/ cadence meter with it or does the gps work well enough on its own? ( assuming one is not too worried about cadence). Also would they work with cycleops pwer meters?

I use it without a speed/cadence sensor and it works fine.

Also use it with a powertap but any power meter transmitting over ant+ will work.