Sanlam Invitational?

MeridaHFS

So what did the hubbers who did this think of this event?

I hoped I might sneak into the Top-10 given that it was a corporate event and all  :whistling: , but there were just to many actual racing snakes so I just missed out. Still, had an awesome time, I really dig the Rhebokskloof singletrack ( that little downhill switchback into the cave is amazing!)

I think once word gets out this event will become very popular and it will be tough to get an invite! Will be doing a lot of sweet talking with the powers that be next year!! 

WOW, awesome event. Brutal climbing initially, then some pretty scenic on Paarl Nature Reserve gravel roads...then brilliant single track back down to Rheebokskloof. Unbelievable hospitality, organizing, entertainment, goodie bags etc. 

This was one of my all-time MTB racing event highlights!  :clap:

Edited by SiriS

It is going to take some serious effort to top this one. Great route, top organisation and vibe. Most notable was it was pitched as a family event. My kids loved it and my wife got wine, so all is good in the universe.

It is going to take some serious effort to top this one. Great route, top organisation and vibe. Most notable was it was pitched as a family event. My kids loved it and my wife got wine, so all is good in the universe.

Jip, happy wife, happy life... :)

The wine was particularly enjoyable.

This event was AWESOME. Little climbing, lovely flats, AWESOME single track and managed a top 10 in the 42km.

I will have to keep good with my broker for next year.

Best event by far. And, most important. The wifes (or "skelmpies") that were there were ALL full of smiles, and kids were laughing the whole day long.

Organizing, venue, route, catering... could be better.

:thumbup:  to Sanlam

I expect & accept that it would be very difficult to get an entry in the future.

Agreed.  I was pretty lucky to get a last minute entry due to someone else pulling out.  I'm under no illusion i'll get lucky again.  I really think this will become one of the most sought after entries in the coming years.  And if they keep the entry numbers at 150, it's going to be a bun fight to get in   :drool:

side note: anyone stay for the video highlights?  Is it available to download somewhere?

(I assume results will be on Great-Time at some point).

This event was AWESOME. Little climbing, lovely flats, AWESOME single track and managed a top 10 in the 42km.

I will have to keep good with my broker for next year.

Best event by far. And, most important. The wifes (or "skelmpies") that were there were ALL full of smiles, and kids were laughing the whole day long.

Organizing, venue, route, catering... could be better.

:thumbup:  to Sanlam

So what did the hubbers who did this think of this event?

I hoped I might sneak into the Top-10 given that it was a corporate event and all  :whistling: , but there were just to many actual racing snakes so I just missed out. Still, had an awesome time, I really dig the Rhebokskloof singletrack ( that little downhill switchback into the cave is amazing!)

I think once word gets out this event will become very popular and it will be tough to get an invite! Will be doing a lot of sweet talking with the powers that be next year!! 

We are SUPER excited that you guys enjoyed this event so much. 

We are taking all of your comments on board, to ensure that all our events meet the same standard.