Road Wheels

Richard F

Hi,

Need some help here, I`m riding Mavic Ksyrium Elites weighing around 1700grm, Would a set of 1400grm wheels make a big difference. I do a lot of climbing which is why I`m thinking about the change.

Any views on this?

I changed from 2.2kgs Mavic CXP22 to Easton EA90's thats close to 1.4kg.

I definately feel the difference, but then again I nearly shed a kilogram.

Acceleration feels more responsive. Also, they do appear to be smoother, being ceramic bearings.

....but this can all be in my head :P Though I do love my Eastons. All depends on how much you plan on spending.

Weight loss comes at a cost.  Reduced durability.  I would stick with a stronger wheel if you are going to use it daily and only go for a lightweight wheel for racing.

Won't make a big difference, maybe a subtle difference.

Maybe focus on losing body weight as a better plan to improve your power-weight ratio.

And focus on increasing your power too.

Edited by ' Dale

Well I had a set of Ksyrium SLS (1340g), which cracked as a result of my power to weight ratio....ok my dikgat...replaced them with a set of Cosmic Carbone (1740g)...and I must say that what the Cosmics add in weight is really nothing compared to the fact that they roll so leka :thumbup:

Btw if you have an old set of Elites...they are bomb proof for a dikgat like me :thumbup: