Rear derailleur cable housing rubbing on BB

Wiley

See pic. Rear derailleur housing is rubbing BB away. This after not much mileage. It routes from there to the internal entry point of the chainstay (PYGA oneten29)... Any suggestions to remedy? Some sort of protective plate as a buffer maybe?

post-10559-0-19150900-1414834187_thumb.jpg

That pic is a work of abstract art..

Check on the cable length, if it's a dual susser and the cable is too short it can seriously gouge the frame when the suspension is under heavy load and the rd housing is pulled tight. Alternatively put some frame protector tape/vinyl sticker under the area where the cable rubs.

Thanks... frame protector tape sounds like the answer... should i enlarge and frame the pic?

Get your cable routing right and you'll be fine... disconnect the shock at one end and check the cable routing through the whole range of travel.

I disagree with the above. Cable routing is a problem on the oneten and I've seen this extensive rubbing before.

check what I did on my oneten: 

15154819986_9a6070aa3b_b.jpg

14991277047_8d31926d60_b.jpg

I disagree with the above. Cable routing is a problem on the oneten and I've seen this extensive rubbing before.

check what I did on my oneten:

15154819986_9a6070aa3b_b.jpg

14991277047_8d31926d60_b.jpg

Cool fix but not as cool photography :P

You're absolutely right, let me fix that:

11148147913_c89fdb22d0_b.jpg

Or do you want a bit more action?

15508883017_b7f1862613_b.jpg

and proof that I use my travel :P

15695677132_d504531440_b.jpg

Thanks... very interesting routing solution. Not convinced about the tape i.e. surely the tape will just also get worn thru in no time, or is the tape way tougher than alloy?

You get some pretty tough tape, it also offers less friction than paint/metal, will eventually need replacing though depending on how much rubbing still happens after the cable routing/length is looked at. When my rd cable was to short the one time it chewed into my frame, luckily I spotted it quite soon after the cable was fitted.

Cool - thanks guys, will look at the routing and do the tape as well if still necessary... will revert with another pic after routing, hopefully the pic will appeal :thumbup:

@doezel my first attempt, thanks heaps for your solution... and also @skylark hope u like the abstracts...

post-10559-1415126700,1653.jpeg

post-10559-1415126711,0561.jpeg

It's a start! You don't have any slack at the front side so you can pull up the cables a bit higher?

Archived