Bridgestone Route 66

Chris NewbyFraser

Now that was a waste of time and money. I took half a day off work drove a round trip of 150kms for the following: my race number (essential) , T shirt (worth less than R50), a water bottle (with a narrow opening which makes it useless), an energy bar, an ouch pouch and a 100ml tin of Formula 61 penetrating oil. The later is about the only thing that lessens the pain of being screwed.

Organisers in future please let us collect our numbers at the start you can keep the rest.

post-13836-0-12088400-1423576111_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone got an Entry for sale please, got a mate who is looking for a Solo Entry.

There are a couple for sale in the classifieds

If anyone has a entry for the 3 day I will gladly buy it from you.

Ahhhhh come on to play on day 3 you need to work hard on those hills on day 2

I think the event was great, everything went smoothly from an organisation side, goodie bag is not important in my mind as i am there to ride not get a free everything, good route, water points good, happy all round.....

So what did you guys think of the event? 

Does anyone know who took the photos?

I think it was Jetline action photo, I saw a guy handing out business cards at the finish.

I thought the event was cool. For some reason I really struggled on Friday, my legs were cramping from about 40km so that made things quite interesting.

Goodie bags were a waste of time but that is pretty standard with most races.

Water points were good, Could have done with a coke though at 1 or 2.

Overall I thought it was good.

i'll be back again next year.

I was very impressed with the event. Day 2 was a sufferfest from the 2nd water table.

This was a very tough ride but fits in nicely with my Jhb2C training. Well done to all the organisers

Must say I am surprised at the good comments - guess it must just be my mate & I who thought differently. So we did the 2 day race and being completely unprepared training wise (our first stage format) and being part of the back markers, below some thoughts:

• Water tables were useless, by the time we came around most of them had run out of everything and considering Sat was a real sufferfest, this did not go down to well with us and our fellow back markers.
  • Water tables that had some items were seriously lacking some variety!
  • Organisation could also have been much better
  • After advertising and raving about the overnight bikepark & Bike-wash we collected our bikes on Sunday to discover that they were not washed, not even half-washed - they were left the same way as  we dropped them.
  • Then trying to find the truck with tog bags as nobody seemed to know where this was
  • Sat afternoon they tell us the shuttle leaves at 3:30, we go for a shower only to come out at 3:15 to discover the shuttle had left.
  • Sunday race started bad with the collection of dirty bikes
  • Then get to first water table on Sunday  only to discover they already ran out of snacks
  • At the finish again no clear indication of where to collect tog bags or where showers are, seems everything is all  over the place.

This can be a great event in Jozi but for that I think they seriously need to jack up their Organisation - the money paid for this they can certainly still improve a helluva lot!

Riding was great and really enjoyable, unbelievable amount of singletrack, it was rocky and rough, very few easy miles. Found day 1 the hardest and day 3 was fast but by no means easy. Bit expensive for what you get to be honest and lack of re-seeding between stages was quite disappointing.

nope..we not overly enamoured with leverage corp..

Must say I am surprised at the good comments - guess it must just be my mate & I who thought differently. So we did the 2 day race and being completely unprepared training wise (our first stage format) and being part of the back markers, below some thoughts:

• Water tables were useless, by the time we came around most of them had run out of everything and considering Sat was a real sufferfest, this did not go down to well with us and our fellow back markers.
  • Water tables that had some items were seriously lacking some variety!
  • Organisation could also have been much better
  • After advertising and raving about the overnight bikepark & Bike-wash we collected our bikes on Sunday to discover that they were not washed, not even half-washed - they were left the same way as  we dropped them.
  • Then trying to find the truck with tog bags as nobody seemed to know where this was
  • Sat afternoon they tell us the shuttle leaves at 3:30, we go for a shower only to come out at 3:15 to discover the shuttle had left.
  • Sunday race started bad with the collection of dirty bikes
  • Then get to first water table on Sunday  only to discover they already ran out of snacks
  • At the finish again no clear indication of where to collect tog bags or where showers are, seems everything is all  the place.

This can be a great event in Jozi but for that I think they seriously need to jack up their Organisation - for the money paid for this they can improve a helluva lot!

nope..we not overly enamoured with leverage corp..

i wonder if this is why the MANNE are not happy either PRE RACE,,,maybe there were issues before :eek:

Tracks were great; marshalling went from excellent to none existent,; water tables were a mixed bag for the back markers, no coke and sometimes no water while very few had something to eat. Don't bother with the goody bag and please, please let us collect numbers at the start.

Overall not good value for money if I compare it to Sabie, 3 towers and the like.

Archived