947 new route section

wazi

Nice work!  I think its a nicer wind up (or wind down) to the finish past the lion park,  the  big climbs on the highway and those undulations towards Kyalami on previous editions were painful to say the least.

How did you overlay the map and tracking dot?

Edited by kosmonooit

Yeugh! That is a horrible pull to end with! I preferred the short sharp hill in kyalami.

Rather the bullet to the chest than the slow poison.....

Nice job on the vid! Thanks.....

Nice work!  I think its a nicer wind up (or wind down) to the finish past the lion park,  the  big climbs on the highway and those undulations towards Kyalami on previous editions were painful to say the least.

I think this year is going to be a much nicer ride.  You get to tackle those hills towards Kyalami while still fresh and at the end there's only 1 big hill at the end rather than the N14 hills+Bluehills. 

The map overlay was easy.  The original map from the site was on a white background which disappears when the right layer blending mode is selected.  I chose "Overlay" for this one.

The tracking dot is just a very slow layer animation.

Yeugh! That is a horrible pull to end with! I preferred the short sharp hill in kyalami.

Rather the bullet to the chest than the slow poison.....

Nice job on the vid! Thanks.....

thanks.  yeah as mentioned above I def prefer this year's route.  That N14 was soul destroying.  Not so much the hills but the absolute nothingness the whole way

What do you reckon the gradient is on that last 2km climb?

about 1:2 ? based on 100m ascent over 2.4km 

5%. Piece of cake! :eek:

Big blade climb... 53/19 if I remember my (Sunday) morning ride going up Cedar. Or was it 53/21?

Sorry to burst the bubble but this years finish (and start) are more difficult than previous years. After the Cedar climb, there are two further climbs inside Steyn city.

Sorry to burst the bubble but this years finish (and start) are more difficult than previous years. After the Cedar climb, there are two further climbs inside Steyn city.

That said, I personally prefer this route as the N14 section was dull to say the very least.