Action to be taken if you suspect a bike is stolen

WorcesterWheelers

I would also like info on this as there a lot of commuters, gardeners, tilers, builders etc. on bikes that you can see can't afford a bike like a R15 000 + bike.

Then you get the odd gardener or two riding some very nice bike. But he can jut say "arggg my boss gave me this bike....."

What could be done about these guys riding these expensive bikes. I wanted to start taking photos of these okes and post it here. Maybe it will help someone find there stolen bike.

Is it someone you know....what I mean is the suspect a cyclist ...and bought a stolen bike ...or is it a dude riding a bike his boss "gave" him ...

Report to us on stolenbike.co.za also put serial number on the sa bike registery. When we get it we sms all details to all our memebers on twitter Facebook and registered website members who we sms

Report to us on stolenbike.co.za also put serial number on the sa bike registery. When we get it we sms all details to all our memebers on twitter Facebook and registered website members who we sms

There's no field for serial number on Registration Form so put it in the subject of the email

Guys go register your bikes on www.cycleregister.co.za, its an online bike register that we have created in association with DataDot. Go register for free then have your bike fitted with DataDot (JHB only for now). In the event your bike is stolen anyone will be able to input the bikes serial number in the register and immediately know if the bike has been stolen. 

Check out my site for more info http://www.heddistributors.co.za/datadot.html

post-37812-0-92329500-1415274221_thumb.jpg

apparently you cant legally put up photos on social media of suspected criminals...they get away with it if you do.

You can however get photos to the police.

What are the chances of you stopping the guy and getting the seriel number?

apparently you cant legally put up photos on social media of suspected criminals...they get away with it if you do.

You can however get photos to the police.

What are the chances of you stopping the guy and getting the seriel number?

*** .... it's perfectly legal. The difference is that if you directly accuse the person without solid solid evidence. 

But that's nothing to do with posting a picture taken in public.

I would also like info on this as there a lot of commuters, gardeners, tilers, builders etc. on bikes that you can see can't afford a bike like a R15 000 + bike.

Then you get the odd gardener or two riding some very nice bike. But he can jut say "Eish my boss gave me this bike....."

What could be done about these guys riding these expensive bikes. I wanted to start taking photos of these okes and post it here. Maybe it will help someone find there stolen bike.

Why would he say 'Eish'?. If you want to avoid the accusations of racism and profiling then don't write stupid comments like that.

Agree - valid question.

One EXTRA Large popcorn please !!

You know what I hate? They dont let you mix slushie flavours at the movies anymore.

Now I have to choose one. Only one. Sigh...pass that popcorn

Why would he say 'Eish'?. If you want to avoid the accusations of racism and profiling then don't write stupid comments like that.

met ys ya :ph34r:

Fixed for you... was not being a racist ... even whites use the word eish...

"met eish ya"

Hi All

Just to add. The Hub is always a good place to start. You must also register on http://www.stolenbike.co.za/page7.html and we will put out an alert on our twitter account @stolenbikeSA as well as on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/helpfindmybike?ref=hl we will also send a sms to all our registered members which you can register on at  http://www.stolenbike.co.za/page3.html and then register on www.cycleregister.co.za, and if a bike is presented to a bike shop  or person and you have registered your serial number and its a stolen bike it can be picked up here.

Also keep an eye on our hotspots page for where bikes are been stolen or hijacked. This is updated as we get information. http://www.stolenbike.co.za/hotspots.html

Archived