Long distance touring bike

_freak_

Oh another thing that I totally forgot about bit remembered looking at my old pics. Not sure what the bikepacking 2.0 vibe is, but a kickstand is flippen awesome for a loaded bike. I also put handbrakes on mine. Rubber bands on the handle bar that can pull the brakes tight whilst it sits there.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with getting some of that weight off the bars/ top tube. Looks like that's going to be tiring work. Rather bolt some anything cages on the forks and get the weight lower down. Or a front rack with small panniers. But given the expense you've gone to with all that Revelate kit I doubt you're in for spending anymore...

More gears would be my suggestion.

I would also go for more gears. (much more)

Front pack/s may shift and end up on the wheel?

Do you rally need all that stuff?

I would take a small back pack - water, jacket etc and do away with one of the many packs upfront?

Not to heavy up front? How does she handle?

Very lekker with all the configurations open to you.

Bike not too bad either!

Enjoy.

Busy setting up my bike for a 5 day trip. Trying to figure out what goes where and testing the setup. No backpack, everything on the bike. Heavier items in the frame bag, lighter items on top.

Have to take everything with me, its the first time bikepacking with a full load. few shops around here,  and will carry all food and about 5 litres of water, will be able to top up in most villages. 

Any setup suggestions are welcome

Mighty attractive setup you got CJG. Where you heading off to? I agree with Ryan that some cages on the front fork could help. Saving $ for some anything cages but I fount that two cheap cages have worked just fine for me in the past. I attached them to my forks with some hoseclamps and some old tube to protect my forks. Although having nothing on your back must be amazing I personally use a 20l pack to help take the load off the front of my bike. Enjoy the ride

Busy setting up my bike for a 5 day trip. Trying to figure out what goes where and testing the setup. No backpack, everything on the bike. Heavier items in the frame bag, lighter items on top.

Have to take everything with me, its the first time bikepacking with a full load. few shops around here,  and will carry all food and about 5 litres of water, will be able to top up in most villages. 

Any setup suggestions are welcome

PS what sleep system are you using? 

More gears would be my suggestion.

I agree! Luckily the trip is going to be relatively flat, 

Mighty attractive setup you got CJG. Where you heading off to? I agree with Ryan that some cages on the front fork could help. Saving $ for some anything cages but I fount that two cheap cages have worked just fine for me in the past. I attached them to my forks with some hoseclamps and some old tube to protect my forks. Although having nothing on your back must be amazing I personally use a 20l pack to help take the load off the front of my bike. Enjoy the ride

Getting ready for a trip through Malawi, into Mozambique, then Tanzania and back into Malawi, basically circling Lake Malawi, hopefully in July. But first a few practise runs in Southern Malawi.

I agree, will put two water bottle cages on the forks. Probably wont be using this bike for the big trip, hopefully my ECR will be here soon and will transfer kit onto it. 

PS what sleep system are you using? 

Thats the tricky bit. 

I have 1 man tent - Egear Echo - have removed the fly sheet, rainy season is just about over here and then a self inflating mattress. Both fit in the orange bag in front. Sleeping bag goes in the saddle bag, but might swop it around, tent in saddle bag and sleeping bag upfront.

Oh another thing that I totally forgot about bit remembered looking at my old pics. Not sure what the bikepacking 2.0 vibe is, but a kickstand is flippen awesome for a loaded bike. I also put handbrakes on mine. Rubber bands on the handle bar that can pull the brakes tight whilst it sits there.

Ive got bottle caches fixed to my fork for extra water... keeps it low anf off my back

Cost of the comp evomax?

Those 46cm Ritchey Comp Evo Max handle bars arrive tomorrow at 06:00

R769.50

no link yet, The website has not been updated yet

Please keep me one. Thank you

Those 46cm Ritchey Comp Evo Max handle bars arrive tomorrow at 06:00

R769.50

no link yet, The website has not been updated yet

Archived