Help me value my bike please fellow hubbers

Wayne R

Hi fellow Hubbers

I have a Retro Pinarello road bike that I have nursed over the years into this older framed bike with new components so it not only looks hot as hell but goes nicely as well.

I'm in the process of wanting to sell it and not sure what is a fair price is to ask. I know what I have paid for the re-vamp so to speak but would like some different opinions please. It is made up of the following:

Pinarello Surprise frame - Alum with Pinarello Carbon fork,

SRAM Apex groupset, still new. Black,

Sella Italia SL seat white to match the bike,

FSA seatpost,

Amoeba Scud Headset and Scud bars (as far as I can remember, they are the oval ones on the top of the bars),

Blackburn computor,

Magnesium clip in pedals,

Rigida Rims - Red to match the bike's Red White and Blue colourway.

Thanks for your help in advance

Wayne

post-19745-0-05224000-1416301722_thumb.jpg

PM EvanB, QuintonB, Javadude and post on the the Retro Bike thread.

Some super-knowledgeable people there!

Very cool bike, btw!

What are you hoping it is worth ?

If you are thinking of maximising it may be worth your while to strip and sell as components.

Was that box made for your bike? Its a good way to make one if your not handy with steel etc. Like it !!

I did make it for my bike. The bike is not sitting correctly in the photo because I measured it with the bike that didn't have a seat post at the time (Duh, Rookie mistake) and therefore won't sit in there without me moving it down. Hahahaha

Thanks guys. I was hoping for about R3500 at least. The groupset was around that alone. I'm not selling it to try make money on it but am moving to a smaller place and cant take all my bikes with me. I will PM the vintage guys.

Thanks guys. I was hoping for about R3500 at least. The groupset was around that alone. I'm not selling it to try make money on it but am moving to a smaller place and cant take all my bikes with me. I will PM the vintage guys.

I would think you could do a fair bit better than that  :thumbup:

R4/5k + I would guess

To be honest, it's not a very collectable frame!i

If it were steel, titanium, or scandium, then it's a different story,

Few ali frame are worth much and most of those that are, are 20 years older than yours. Perhaps in 20 years the Pina ali frames, amongst others, will be collectable.

Frame and fork probably worth 1k / 1.5k (if you find the right buyer, otherwise less). 

It's probably worth your while and easier splitting it, unless just the right buyer comes along.

Lovely bikes though, I have a Galileo, frame & fork bought for R400.

I agree with HeyYou. Aluminium frames from that era not worth much.

Not all things old are worth a lot. Old steel Italian frames have value, but not all of them. Depends on their pedigree and history and who Rode them, etc.

The groupset isn't original to that bike. So I would say to make as much out of it, strip and sell separately.

Otherwise keep it and enjoy the ride. Nice bikes, just don't hold massive value.

Archived