Grabadoo

Johan Winterbach

Hi, who has ridden the Grabadoo event in Great Brakriver. What can one expect (jeep track, single track, farm roads or technical sections) on the routes?

Did it in 2012. Very fun. Well, the parts that I did. Had a ma-moerse fall on a dirt road. Steep downhill! Clocked a speed of 72kmh before I fell. The girl that caused the accident was in hospital for a week. My helmet burst open and got lekker roasties. Anyway! Just do it. My parents are massive fans of the race. More of a fun ride...

My last fall was at 35kph and that was ma-moerse seer I kan imagine falling at kph72kph. Also had to replace my helmet. I know the area quite well and it looks like it can be a nice ride with allot of climbs.

Hi, who has ridden the Grabadoo event in Great Brakriver. What can one expect (jeep track, single track, farm roads or technical sections) on the routes?

Beautiful gravel roads with tough climbs and jeep track in the plantations  on the long distance as well as a few kilometers tar. No single track.

Worth doing

This is a really fun race to do, no single track and a couple of challenging hills but the kind of race you can "jaag" from start to finish . Will see you there

it's a fun race, I have done it a couple of times.  Some lekka climbs, fast descents, and a chilled bunch of riders (mostly).

I will definitely be there again this year.

The reply I got from the organizers regarding the route on the Facebook page

"Good morning Johan, 80 % farm roads, 20 % Jeep track. The 20% jeep track includes about 40 % technical parts. The Route profile will be posted in the next two weeks"

Entry done I'll be the one chilling at the back.

Rode it in '12, found most of it quite boring. Except this bit: Grabadoo '12 Elephant Charge:

I love the Botlierskop road. Very beautiful valley. I ride this every time we go to Hartenbos for the Holiday.

Don't judge

Archived