Rogue Riders - need assistance identifying

tygerbergmtb

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this thread alone is enough to put anybody off trespassing. I would hate to have been in those photos. Think I would've sold the mtb and bought a road bike. Just kidding. Ha haaaaaa

try velcro straps its easier to swap between bikes & doesnt scratch the handle bar.

I'd take a *** out anytime over loosing a trail, wouldnt you agree?

Still does not help if you have 4 boards and you are going to be riding all 4 on the same trip. Not to mention multiple bikes.

So I go with them in my pocket and they can stop me and ask and I will gladly oblige without any attitude. That is just the way it is for me.

If I get too much flack from someone then I just don't go there anymore. We have so many places to ride these days, that I am not going to loose sleep over not getting access to one or two sites.

At the end of the day I understand their issue, but I have my own opinion on these matters. If it becomes an issue I just don't go there any more member or non member.

Still does not help if you have 4 boards and you are going to be riding all 4 on the same trip. Not to mention multiple bikes.

So I go with them in my pocket and they can stop me and ask and I will gladly oblige without any attitude. That is just the way it is for me.

If I get too much flack from someone then I just don't go there anymore. We have so many places to ride these days, that I am not going to loose sleep over not getting access to one or two sites.

At the end of the day I understand their issue, but I have my own opinion on these matters. If it becomes an issue I just don't go there any more member or non member.

Fast forward 2 or 3 years. TBMTBC invested say R 500k in Bloemendal and you decide its a good idea to p!ss off the land owner by not displaying your board. Are you going to repay the investment made in the trails?

Have a special board made for them.

"Repentant Ex Roque Riders" :whistling:

RERR for short.

I'm sorry I just can't help myself...

Roque - American variant of croquet played on a hard smooth surface

Rogue - An unhelpful, deceitful or dishonest person

Or, go with all 4 boards and as soon as you cross over into the new / different area, swap the board. Or is that also too much admin?

aaah you must be the same guy who thinks he is above the law, fall in the same Catergory as skips red traffic lights, don't stop at the stop sign, don't pay tv license, change lanes without indicating, drive while under the influence, lie on your tax return, don't display member board on bars although you agreed that you would, willing to let 3000 fellow

Members lose a trail because your opinion makes more sense, choose any one of the above that applies to You. TMTBC Marshals will stop you & they will make an issue of your board not being where it's suppose to be, you will be reprimanded, etc.

Why go through that if you know it's going to happen, just being stopped & being questioned alone is enough to spoil my ride.

Btw no need to stalk my profile pm me if you want to know exactly who I am & we can maybe hook up for a beer or coffee or a trail ride.

Fast forward 2 or 3 years. TBMTBC invested say R 500k in Bloemendal and you decide its a good idea to p!ss off the land owner by not displaying your board. Are you going to repay the investment made in the trails?

I have never had any issues with landowners if you are accommodating and civil so to me it always comes down to attitude. Trust me, I will not be one of these that cause you or your club any issues. PS I have not ridden any of the Hillcrest etc., etc, trails in the last year. 

I am having more than enough fun on Bot Hills and surrounding private farms, where I have permission to ride from the land owners without needing to display any boards.

I was just commenting on the fact that if I have 4 boards all on top of each other and I am on a trail for which the board is not on the top, it may as well be in my pocket for the value it has.

Or, go with all 4 boards and as soon as you cross over into the new / different area, swap the board. Or is that also too much admin?

Why? I have the boards and yes it is too much admin, as well as the question as to when to when do you need to swap them over??

But as I said, I am more than happy to only ride where this is not the be all and end all.

I have never had any issues with landowners if you are accommodating and civil so to me it always comes down to attitude. Trust me, I will not be one of these that cause you or your club any issues. PS I have not ridden any of the Hillcrest etc., etc, trails in the last year.

I am having more than enough fun on Bot Hills and surrounding private farms, where I have permission to ride from the land owners without needing to display any boards.

I was just commenting on the fact that if I have 4 boards all on top of each other and I am on a trail for which the board is not on the top, it may as well be in my pocket for the value it has.

You're on their land. They don't have to be accommodating or civil. If they see yiu without a board, you're endangering ALL of our access. Not just yours. Stop trying to justify your flouting of the rules of the trails you're riding and just do it properly.

velcro try it before you blast the idea.

Why? I have the boards and yes it is too much admin, as well as the question as to when to when do you need to swap them over??

But as I said, I am more than happy to only ride where this is not the be all and end all.

The rules are that you MUST DISPLAY THE BOARD AT ALL TIMES.

key word. DISPLAY.

aaah you must be the same guy who thinks he is above the law, fall in the same Catergory as skips red traffic lights, don't stop at the stop sign, don't pay tv license, change lanes without indicating, drive while under the influence, lie on your tax return, don't display member board on bars although you agreed that you would, willing to let 3000 fellow

Members lose a trail because your opinion makes more sense, choose any one of the above that applies to You. TMTBC Marshals will stop you & they will make an issue of your board not being where it's suppose to be, you will be reprimanded, etc.

Why go through that if you know it's going to happen, just being stopped & being questioned alone is enough to spoil my ride.

Btw no need to stalk my profile pm me if you want to know exactly who I am & we can maybe hook up for a beer or coffee or a trail ride.

Damn, we could even be riding the TB together. Lots of time to talk about these things.

velcro try it before you blast the idea.

Exactly. 2 strips of velcro on each board, back and front. Single "master board" which is blank and slightly larger, also with velcro both sides. Master board is permanently attached and as you reach a new section and / or farm you change the board on the front to reflect the trail network that you're on.

I say again. Private land. Their rules. If you flout them, you're ruining it for ALL of us.

Archived