Take on the tallest peaks of the Sultanate of Oman at Trans Hajar mountain bike stage race

News bot

Taliban will kidnap you like they did Korkie

My thoughts ekzakery !!!! However he was kidnapped in Yemen which is next door. Trip advisor says that Oman is safer than London and a good tourist destination.

Needles to say, any westener traveling to the middle east has got to have rocks in their head.

Won't attract too many people showing dirt road riding. Should highlight what single track there is. Anyhow, no way I am going anywhere near the Middle East!!

My thoughts ekzakery !!!! However he was kidnapped in Yemen which is next door. Trip advisor says that Oman is safer than London and a good tourist destination.

Needles to say, any westener traveling to the middle east has got to have rocks in their head.

This is the perfect lure to increase al-Qaeda Westerner hostage stock seeing as they did lose two this week.

Lots of ignorant comments on here. I would feel safer sleeping in a tent in the Omani outback than I would sleeping in a house in the middle of Joburg with no burglar proofing.

I've done both by the way.

Just to put it into perspective - the place the race is based in, is around 2 500km from where Korkie was kidnapped. So, about as safe as you are in Jhb from murderous rebels based in the DRC!

Wow! A lot of ignorant comments regarding safety in Oman. Let me remind u that Korkie was killed by the American special forces.

You guys sound like American tourists who cancelled their holidays to South Africa "coz they have Ebola".