Schwalbe vs. Maxxis vs. Conti

karlvand

After 8 months my sealant was old and I got a nail in my rear Ardent causing a slow puncture that wouldnt seal.

So I put a Spez Ground Control on while cleaning all the congealed sealant off and plugging the Ardent.

I have to say the GC rolls as well if not better and the grip under cornering is better too (less wishy washy when leaned over). GC is also lighter than the UST Ardent but time will tell on the durability factor.

The Ardent is a nice all round tyre but it just became a used spare and I will be changing out the front one too at some stage.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't ever go on the road... and I want a more aggressive tread on my Giant Trance. Suits the kind of riding I do better.

Keep the Mountain king on the front and put a X-king on the rear they compliment each other well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I run the crossmark front and rear. No problems at all. Just replaced the rear on 4200km. The front still got alot of tread on. Will see how the tyres handle the Attakwas.

Weigh 87kg and run them 2.0 bar

Edited by Smurfy

Actually now i see maxxis list them in a 2.25 width as well, im sure i didnt see that before. 

Keep the Mountain king on the front and put a X-king on the rear they compliment each other well.

So, already got Mountain King on the front and was going to get the same on the back. However, what exactly is the reason that everybody recommends XKing at the back? Does it make a massive difference in rolling resistance? Isn't it good to have the extra cornering grip of the MK in the back too?

so im getting the new 2015 Nobbly Nic after reading reviews on Pinbike i reckon it should be the bomb..will let you know 

• 10 months later...