Anyone know what this part is for - came with a RS Reverb?

Skylark

Anyone know what this part is for - came with a RS Reverb non-stealth in the box:

That part at the top of the pic.

Also why do they give you an extra Torx screw?

post-15746-0-78700300-1418587669_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skylark

It's to take up the gap between the two clamp surfaces on the remote if not using an avid brake in the gap.

post-40232-0-08545800-1418590661_thumb.jpg

Thanks, was bugging me having this extra bit left over.

I mounted the remote on its own and without the spacer and it seems fine as is, I'll put it in though, probably help make the clamp a bit firmer.

Any tips on mounting the remote, apparently if you flip the remote to the other side you can rather put the button below the brake lever which will save it when the bike is turned upside down, I have a leftside remote.

I mounted the remote on its own and without the spacer and it seems fine as is, I'll put it in though, probably help make the clamp a bit firmer.

Any tips on mounting the remote, apparently if you flip the remote to the other side you can rather put the button below the brake lever which will save it when the bike is turned upside down, I have a leftside remote.

Yip. That's how I run it. I also found it easier to get to with my thumb under the bar.

Had one fitted to my bike last week. Picked her up yesterday. Now with any luck I can hit a trail in the next couple of days to put it to the test.

If you flip a left hand remote to go under the bar, it will have to go on the RHS of the bar. Not ideal placing, but better than on top of the bar. If you flip it and keep it on the LHS of the bar, it'll be pointing inwards (towards the stem) and you'll have to do some finger-yoga to make it work nicely. 

Yip you have to swop sides if you want to run the remote under the bar, a left specific remote will then be on the right.