New flat pedals

Lurch the stalker

Hi all,

I'm looking to replace the flat pedals on my sister's bike. She's only been riding for a few months so it isn't like I need the top of the line pedal.

I've had a quick look around and Dial'd Bikes have Dartmoor Stream Pedals at a decent price.

Has anyone ridden them? Are they any good?

Is there anything else worth looking at locally that is in the same sort of price and quality range? 

I'd prefer to go aluminium, unless there are some really durable plastic ones that are worth considering.

They (Dial'd) also have Dartmoor Cookie Pedals - same questions apply...

Has anyone ridden them? Are they any good?

I am prepared to go higher than the price of the Stream's, but I'd need to really be convinced that they're way better.

EDIT: By the way, these pedals will go on a mountain bike if it makes any difference (I don't really know much about flat pedals so not sure how interchangeable MTB/BMX/etc flats are)

Edited by Lurch

These will be fine. Another one to look for is the dmr v8. Very good pedal, if a little chunky. But the dartmoor is cool as well.

Thanks - any idea who stocks the DMR V8's so I can compare?

Thanks - is it really worth buying something so relatively cheap from them and then still paying the VAT and shipping and then waiting however long it takes to hopefully get here?

Bicycle spares have no duties. All you'll pay is shipping , 14% vat. I would suggest the dhl option. Will pay them vat + R150 fee . Will get to you within a week usually.

Thanks - is it really worth buying something so relatively cheap from them and then still paying the VAT and shipping and then waiting however long it takes to hopefully get here?

Honestly I have no idea, but quite a few guys here do buy from them.

Maybe see if one of the guys that buys from them chips in here.

Bicycle spares have no duties. All you'll pay is shipping , 14% vat. I would suggest the dhl option. Will pay them vat + R150 fee . Will get to you within a week usually.

For those v8 s you'll end up paying about R574 in total. That's R372 for the pedals and shipping, + 14% vat + R150