KZN Enduro #1 - Karkloof

Mar

Stage 3.

My pick of the 3.

Take care on the 'Mine-shaft' 

We may have to add a "BEGIN BRAKING HERE" board about 50m back from the turn into Voodoo Lounge.  :whistling:

Dave and I are thinking of Slaloming the Mineshaft to help reduce speed a bit. ...

Also maybe (if we have time adding in a wall ride or 2 on the bank on the right ...

Otherwise its too fast ... FUN .. but too fast!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also saw two of these bad boys in the road heading back to town on Suday evening...

It's been warm lately so they seem to be about.

attachicon.gif20150125_191812.jpg

As long as they're off the trails and back in town now, I'm okay. 

Dave and I are thinking of Slaloming the Mineshaft to help reduce speed a bit. ...

Also maybe (if we have time adding in a wall ride or 2 on the bank on the right ...

Otherwise its too fast ... FUN .. but too fast!

Good idea. You get up to speed very quickly on there and the drainage humps send you flying! Getting it wrong there would not be ideal.

@JPD, ja I think so. Quite darkly coloured from puffy's I've seen before.

@Sidewinder, they are everywhere! This one just happened to be on the road.  :eek:

Stage 3.

My pick of the 3.

Take care on the 'Mine-shaft' 

We may have to add a "BEGIN BRAKING HERE" board about 50m back from the turn into Voodoo Lounge.  :whistling:

Stage 2 is busy rendering and will be up ASAP.

Daaaaamn I remember Mine shaft from my days racing the Classic,it's daaaaamn fast and sometimes a little slippery under wheel.hells bells but we are gonna be knackered after this Enduro but satisfied with a big smile running from ear to ear.

I was planning to do the camp over option, but am unable to email the organizers for this,( comes up on my computer that the email address does not exist.)

Don't mind just paying on arrival, would this be ok?

Has everyone booked for the camping online?

you need to contact Anita Turvey regarding camping.

Send Supermill a PM and ask for the Turveys cell number. I am sure he has it ...

Hey all, I have two spots in the car. We are driving from Jhb on Friday and returning on Sunday after the downhill. If you are looking for transport down to karkloof drop me a P.M.

Hey Nigel/Dave, I noticed some debris on Saturday am, most notably on SP1 (Rene's), where I actually had to get off and climb over it. Other than that the trails are looking good (just super slippey at 6am after some over night rain lol)

Hey Nigel/Dave, I noticed some debris on Saturday am, most notably on SP1 (Rene's), where I actually had to get off and climb over it. Other than that the trails are looking good (just super slippey at 6am after some over night rain lol)

Thanks for the heads up. Last weekend it was all clear. Must have fallen during the week.

We will be having a team do a final sweep through this week to clear any newly fallen branches.

@JPD

Thanks for the heads up - can you be a bit more specific on the section where the debris was?

Renne's before the little climb ...

After the climb but before the dam wall crossing ...

After the dam wall

Thanks

@JPD

Thanks for the heads up - can you be a bit more specific on the section where the debris was?

Renne's before the little climb ...

After the climb but before the dam wall crossing ...

After the dam wall

Thanks

the main obstacle was a thick log across the trail after the rock garden (after the dam wall) before entering that Yellowood Park section

then there were some branches (mostly rideable, one i have to bundu bash to get around) in the top section before the climb if I remember correctly.

Archived