KZN Enduro #1 - Karkloof

Mar

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joh, what a weekend!

TBH after seeing the weather forecast on Friday, I thought it was all going to be a bit of a mess. That said we got gifted two perfect days of riding (yes the trails were a bit slick in sections) but overall it was flippen fantastic. The turn out was also unbelievable, with 160 odd riders turning up for the enduro :thumbup: .

Yesterdays DH was just unreal! The track conditions ultimately could not have been any better on the day. It was an awesome day out. BIG THANKS to all the spectators that turned up. It was pretty surreal heading down the track and having support pretty much the whole way down, even went past a pair of full moons in the lower pines forest. 

Congrats to Tiaan Odendaal on the overall mens win and Kath Fourie on the overall ladies win (who then took herself off to hospital to get 3 stitches, after having done her 2nd race run with the knee already cut  :eek:)

I begrudgingly congratulate Nige on the Sub-vets win  :cursing:

87 DH RIDERS ON THE DAY  :thumbup: 

I think the lack of comms on track and the shear number of riders kept the KZNMTB crew and the timers very busy, who all did a great job.

I literally can not wait for the next one!!!!!

Well done Kath.  She is one tough chick.  We arrived in the afternoon on our roadbikes :ph34r:  to quickly top up our waterbottles and she was busy helping pack up and sorting things out BEFORE she went to get stitched.  Full of jokes and smiles!

Hi

We came from Cape Town for the week end to swim the Midmar mile and my son Matthew used the opportunity to ride in his second enduro ever.

We just dropped hm off for registration on Saturday and had to make our way back to Howick for the swim. We left him a "bit"/hugely under stocked, and the oke ran our of water while on the practice run.

He was having a bit of a hard time, but thanks to some riders who looked after him and gave him something to eat and drink. A specific thanks to the rider who gave him a chocolate milk and a Bar One, you saved his day. I went looking for you at the prize giving to thank you personally and buy you a few beers, but you must have left already. Thanks a mill.

Matt couldn't stop talking about how friendly all the riders were and how much he enjoyed the race.

Well done and thanks all. KZN enduro rocks!

attachicon.gifMatt Karkloof.JPG

Great job guys. Good to see the spirit of Enduro shining through.

What a great weekend.

Great vibe and spirit.

Check out the "Mercedes-Bends Umhlanga" facebook page for pictures and videos from the weekend.

See you guys all at the the next event, 21-22 March at St-Ives.

With these types of numbers we may have to start capping the number of entrants!! so get registered early on www.roag.co.za

Feel free to send me any constructive criticism, good or bad.

What a great weekend.

Great vibe and spirit.

Check out the "Mercedes-Bends Umhlanga" facebook page for pictures and videos from the weekend.

See you guys all at the the next event, 21-22 March at St-Ives.

With these types of numbers we may have to start capping the number of entrants!! so get registered early on www.roag.co.za

Feel free to send me any constructive criticism, good or bad.

Mercedes-Benz Umhlanga even...  :whistling:

if anyone picked up a matt black Bell full face helmet in the grass after the DH on Sunday, please let me know.  I think I left it next to my car in the grass where I was parked about 200m down the road from where the shuttles started.  Probably the 5th last car on the RH side.

if anyone picked up a matt black Bell full face helmet in the grass after the DH on Sunday, please let me know.  I think I left it next to my car in the grass where I was parked about 200m down the road from where the shuttles started.  Probably the 5th last car on the RH side.

There was a black FF helmet at the Karkloof Mountain Bike Club. The club put out a post yesterday with some details. I would suggest that you contact them via FB.

Some DH action shots from Quickpics.co.za & Paul Botma

Mens #1 Tiaan Odendaal

post-3245-0-42202500-1423471922_thumb.jpg

Ladies #1 Kath Fourie

post-3245-0-10921300-1423471915_thumb.jpg

Sub-Vet #1 Nige Hicks

post-3245-0-27889200-1423471917_thumb.jpg

Masters #1 Leon Cronje 

post-3245-0-35563900-1423471919_thumb.jpg

And another victim claimed by the rock garden, Michane Viljoen

post-3245-0-73275500-1423471920_thumb.jpg

What an awesome event to be involved in...

Thanks to Nigel Hicks and Dave Drummond for giving us the opportunity to be part of the 2015 KZNMTB Enduro and Downhill Series.

Also thanks to Karkloof Mountain Bike Club and everyone involved for the awesome trails which were prepared for this event.

And then thanks to everyone else, riders, spectators, families, kids, dogs for creating such an awesome vibe and atmosphere at the event, unlike any other!

We are already counting down the days to the 2nd event to be held at St Ives on the 21st/22nd March 2015.

See you all there!

Cool, thanks a mill for the great pic!

Great, I see I can buy the pics from your site. I'll do it in the morning.

Archived