[Event] Momentum Health OatWell DUALX #1 Powered By PeptoPro

WesselvdWalt

Event Name: Momentum Health OatWell DUALX #1 Powered By PeptoPro
When: 7 February 2015
Where: Hakahana Trails - Middel Rd, just off WF Nkomo St,, Gauteng
Category: Multisport

The first in a series of 4 events in Gauteng! The clash of the trail runners and mountain bikers forms the first Momentum Health OatWell DUALX Powered by PeptoPro event. Enter as an individual, or as a relay team. There is a distance for everyone, including a category for schools to compete in.

Outdoor adventure lovers, get ready to cycle and run off-road. Whether you are a mountain biker or a trail runner, you can now compete or just participate for fun, experience new places and live the healthy lifestyle through the Momentum Health OatWell Dual Cross, powered by PeptoPro.

Are you a runner? Are you a mountain biker? Are you a triathlete? Join in the fun and compete in DualX where you not only get to explore trails and discover unique places but compete with your friends and family.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Can't wait.

I've decided to spice up my training by taking part in my first duathlon. I hear this is a great place to start. Am planning on doing many more, this year if possible.

Any tips, especially for the transition? 

I'm worried about what to wear; will regular cycling kit do, or did I HAVE TO go with a bib? 

How is Hakahana?

Thanks

I wouldnt say you HAVE TO go with a bib but...ive done all my training and the last event of last years series with bib shorts...and it works perfectly well !

Tips...dont underestimate the run after the cycle. Transition, take your time and make sure you have everything when you leave...laces are done for running, running hat, taken on some more fluids etc. forgetting something at transition coz you wanted to be 10sec quicker is a real frustration...

enjoy it!

This is my first event in a good few years and I have a few questions, hope someone can answer.

I take it I need a timing chip if so where can I get them and what do they cost? Im picking up the goody bag at Cycle lab do they have?

Do I need a mounting for the race number on my MTB or can I just stick it on my shirt?

Anything else I might need thats not in my regular mtb gear? Like medical kit?

Thanks

This is my first event in a good few years and I have a few questions, hope someone can answer.

I take it I need a timing chip if so where can I get them and what do they cost? Im picking up the goody bag at Cycle lab do they have?

Do I need a mounting for the race number on my MTB or can I just stick it on my shirt?

Thanks

The chip sits in the race number and they scan you at the finish. Don't need to pay extra for it or mount it anywhere. Just pin your number to the front of your shirt.

A lot of guys run with a hat on, Im not sure how social you are but I personally wouldn't bother with a medical kit, I don't even bother with tubes, I just take a bomb for the tubeless. My last sidewall did happen to actually be at hakahana at the trailseeker marathon last year but this is such a short race I don't bother with extras.

The chip sits in the race number and they scan you at the finish. Don't need to pay extra for it or mount it anywhere. Just pin your number to the front of your shirt.

A lot of guys run with a hat on, Im not sure how social you are but I personally wouldn't bother with a medical kit, I don't even bother with tubes, I just take a bomb for the tubeless. My last sidewall did happen to actually be at hakahana at the trailseeker marathon last year but this is such a short race I don't bother with extras.

Thanks, this will be a social event unless the person who's idea it was initially bails on me which is sounding more likely the closer it gets :mellow:  

I dont have bars end caps and saw thats in the rules so I need to get that sorted but I will skip the medical kit and timing chip if its not needed and just do sunscreen the less stuff the better.

Rode there a few weeks ago and there were plenty of thorns and sharp rocks so I'll take a tube just in case.

Thanks, this will be a social event unless the person who's idea it was initially bails on me which is sounding more likely the closer it gets :mellow:  

I dont have bars end caps and saw thats in the rules so I need to get that sorted but I will skip the medical kit and timing chip if its not needed and just do sunscreen the less stuff the better.

Rode there a few weeks ago and there were plenty of thorns and sharp rocks so I'll take a tube just in case.

Hmm you learn something new everyday.

Thanks

When/where is number collection?  I have not received any further info yet

When/where is number collection?  I have not received any further info yet

I was told that I need to pick it up at cycle lab centurion on friday, but I did not make the booking and I understand there was an option to have it delivered to your door.

I was told that I need to pick it up at cycle lab centurion on friday, but I did not make the booking and I understand there was an option to have it delivered to your door.

According to my knowledge, registration is Friday at TorqZone.

Hmmm... I'm confused

Will try and contact the organisers

For all of the SAS events I always collect my goody bag on the morning of the race. always super efficient...no need to go especially to cycle lab/torqzone etc just to register unless its on your way during work etc...

p.s. i suggest wear a hat on the run...that big ball of fire in the sky wont take any prisoners...

Ja i'm sure you can pick your race number up on the day. I did that last year at every race. FULLY AGAINST GOING TO CYCLE LAB TO REGISTER DURING WORK(Don't have a choice for road races, It sucks)

EDIT: Just got an email now saying its torque zone cycles on Friday and venue on Saturday.

Archived