Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!

River Rat

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the amount of pancakes going around we are all in the Buffalo category. As for a ride your assumptions are not quite correct Red needs me to get him fit simply because my lack of talent forces me to train harder and longer so all he does is latch on to my schedule. As soon as he's fit he kicks my butt and the roles are reversed and I have no time to talk. But I'm always looking for company on ride, so you're welcome, but there are some things you need to consider before you commit. You will be subjected to my latest theory on training techniques, none of them work but that matters not you will hear them, as a tip Red has learnt to nod sagely. I fancy myself as a great trail mechanic, the truth is I barely get by but I have never not finished a race due to a mechanical. The problem is, I have a tendency to stop and try to help whenever I see a fellow rider with a mechanical, Red has threatened to klap me if I do it again. And do not expect any stories from me on the ride I have to concentrate to not fall off but the quiet time that you will experience from me on the climbs is where I think up all the crap I write afterwards.

Oh yes another thing if it the trail is marked Black we have to ride it, this often leads to walking.

Great read again, now you have 2 threads to keep updated...the canoeist in the the desert and now the " blonde pannekoek" one :thumbup:

Cool story bro'. You certainly know how to handle a pen.

Most of the pens wielded on the www are very blunt instruments. River Rats'  is as sharp as a scalpel. :thumbup:  

The guys who first got me into riding are the casual weekend warrior distance kinda guys.

There's a Eugene and a Red in that group for damn sure.

I've since splintered off into the trail and downhill stuff and hardly see them these days because of it. While I've made many new friends who like the same stuff as me.

I really miss them and the rides we use to have.

I supose its wishful thinking, but I'd like a day where everyone I know who likes to pedal on 2 wheels just rides together.

Excellent reading (of course). With Barberton this weekend, we expect a vast amount of stories next week! Good luck for the race

With the amount of pancakes going around we are all in the Buffalo category. As for a ride your assumptions are not quite correct Red needs me to get him fit simply because my lack of talent forces me to train harder and longer so all he does is latch on to my schedule. As soon as he's fit he kicks my butt and the roles are reversed and I have no time to talk. But I'm always looking for company on a ride, so you're welcome, but there are some things you need to consider before you commit. You will be subjected to my latest theory on training techniques, none of them work but that matters not you will hear them, as a tip Red has learnt to nod sagely. I fancy myself as a great trail mechanic, the truth is I barely get by but I have never not finished a race due to a mechanical. The problem is, I have a tendency to stop and try to help whenever I see a fellow rider with a mechanical, Red has threatened to klap me if I do it again. And do not expect any stories from me on the ride I have to concentrate to not fall off but the quiet time that you will experience from me on the climbs is where I think up all the crap I write afterwards.

Oh yes another thing if it the trail is marked Black we have to ride it, this often leads to walking.

Jissem boet......we are twins:

• ..........lack of talent.......... :thumbup:
  • ..........latest theory on training techniques......... :thumbup:  - (that is actually my daytime job......although I prefer the proven "Old School" approach)
  • ..........trail mechanic....... :thumbup: (ride with a back pack full of tools, even tools for the tools.....even on social rides)
  • ..........tendency to stop and try to help whenever I see a fellow rider with a mechanical........ :thumbup:
  •  .........I have to concentrate to not fall.......... :thumbup: (and with fatigue, concentration diminishes......BAM!!!.....battle scars as proof).
  • ..........often leads to walking.......... :thumbup:

But, except for

• .........have never not finished a race due to a mechanical............. :thumbdown: (only one due to bent chainring.......fell myself out of my shoes......lastige ROTSIE op 'n single track)

Maybe we must meet up with the next Magoebaskloof....... :whistling:

Not sure if you move South East at all - some not so shabby pannekoek and coffee at Die Brood Blik in the melie fields near Bapsfontein

That's my old stomping ground Pomona to Bapsfontein and back was the standard early morning ride when training for Iron Man. Whereabouts is the brood blik?

Great read again, now you have 2 threads to keep updated...the canoeist in the the desert and now the " blonde pannekoek" one :thumbup:

When it comes to a Blonde Pannekoek it reminds me of a James Bond saying "When the cuffs and collars match...."

This is so close to home .I ride the same places ,know all the technical bits at wolwespruit also ,and have also noticed the blonde and her sister and somebody,s baby at Groenkloof .Was hoping to do Barberton but never works out for me .Will probably do a soggy Serengeti on the SS .Enjoyed the story  

Jissem boet......we are twins:

• ..........lack of talent.......... :thumbup:
  • ..........latest theory on training techniques......... :thumbup:  - (that is actually my daytime job......although I prefer the proven "Old School" approach)
  • ..........trail mechanic....... :thumbup: (ride with a back pack full of tools, even tools for the tools.....even on social rides)
  • ..........tendency to stop and try to help whenever I see a fellow rider with a mechanical........ :thumbup:
  •  .........I have to concentrate to not fall.......... :thumbup: (and with fatigue, concentration diminishes......BAM!!!.....battle scars as proof).
  • ..........often leads to walking.......... :thumbup:
But, except for

• .........have never not finished a race due to a mechanical............. :thumbdown: (only one due to bent chainring.......fell myself out of my shoes......lastige ROTSIE op 'n single track)
Maybe we must meet up with the next Magoebaskloof....... :whistling:
Magoebaskloof it is!

• 1 year later...

Archived