Steel is real build.

gummibear

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's lighter than most carbon frames.

My aim is sub 8kg.

Apologies for parachuting in here guys but a few observations: sub 8 kg is quite achievable - without trying mine came to 7.6. That's a 53cm frame with 11sp Ultegra, Richey cockpit and Ritchey Zeta wheels. If your budget allows, a sub 7 kg build is within reach, you just need some carbon tubbies and Sram Red! But enough of the weight weenie-ness - whatever it weighs, it rides fantastic and that's all that matters.

Speak to udxcob.

He has one, and maybe even in your size.

Mine is a 56 but you are welcome to pay me a visit and take it for a ride

Apologies for parachuting in here guys but a few observations: sub 8 kg is quite achievable - without trying mine came to 7.6. That's a 53cm frame with 11sp Ultegra, Richey cockpit and Ritchey Zeta wheels. If your budget allows, a sub 7 kg build is within reach, you just need some carbon tubbies and Sram Red! But enough of the weight weenie-ness - whatever it weighs, it rides fantastic and that's all that matters.

Mine is 8.8Kg and built with as little carbon as possible.

Came in at 7.82kg as pictured without the bottles and garmin :thumbup:  :thumbup:

11008567_10153150292554748_8805485353630

you know you want it.

http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t328/vegas3ad3oy/DSC_0279_zpsb5ab7afb.jpg

Got it.

Well, not yet. But it's on it's way.  :thumbup:

Gummi I know you've seen this pic already, but probably the best one I've taken of her so far. I know I've posted it already before but this is as close to complete for this build as it will ever be!

First time build was done by the Sheriff at Summit Cycles

Ritchey Road Logic frame (53), Ritchey WCS 260 stem, and Ritchey WCS 1 bolt seat post

Chinese 38mm Clinchers with Gatorskins (25mm)

Power2Max Gossamer (painted the chainrings as the Ali finish was an eyesore)

3T Ergonova Pro Bars (decals removed)

Ultegra 11 Speed all round

Spez Romin Pro 155 saddle

Chinese (Zipp Knock Off) Cages

Look Keo Blade 1 pedals

Such an amazing ride. I can't get over how solid and smooth it feel on any surface. It just begs to be ridden more and more. Steel is most certainly Real!

post-43682-0-07532000-1438433447_thumb.jpg

Gummi I know you've seen this pic already, but probably the best one I've taken of her so far. I know I've posted it already before but this is as close to complete for this build as it will ever be!

First time build was done by the Sheriff at Summit Cycles

Ritchey Road Logic frame (53), Ritchey WCS 260 stem, and Ritchey WCS 1 bolt seat post

Chinese 38mm Clinchers with Gatorskins (25mm)

Power2Max Gossamer (painted the chainrings as the Ali finish was an eyesore)

3T Ergonova Pro Bars (decals removed)

Ultegra 11 Speed all round

Spez Romin Pro 155 saddle

Chinese (Zipp Knock Off) Cages

Look Keo Blade 1 pedals

Such an amazing ride. I can't get over how solid and smooth it feel on any surface. It just begs to be ridden more and more. Steel is most certainly Real!

Saw that this morning and it looks awesome :thumbup:  :thumbup:

The 25mm tyres make a huge difference to comfort and handling.When the time comes for new tyres i'll be replacing my others also with 25mm.

Saw that this morning and it looks awesome [emoji106] [emoji106]

The 25mm tyres make a huge difference to comfort and handling.When the time comes for new tyres i'll be replacing my others also with 25mm.

I'm using my old tyres on a newer set of rims. As soon as they need replacement I'm also going the 25mm route.

Archived