2015 Cape Town Enduro Races

TAAHIRWP

"Jonkers just seems so far and expensive to travel to every weekend." Cheap as chips gate fee, especially if you take the year membership option. 

RideIn is a great meet-and-recover venue enabling a morning and afternoon session. 

Striking scenery. Excellent trails. Virtually no crowds on the gradient stuff and those you do encounter are similarly minded and benevolent descending types. 

I ride Jonkers three to four times a week. Which requires a lot of 04:30am alarm time if you live in Sea Point. It is inarguably worth it, harnessing what is a world-class riding resource.

With fuel prices suppressed in the short-term, there really is no excuse. Even at R1 per kay, it's a bargain. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I hear there is an enduro this weekend in hermanus, is this true? Pity I didn't see any adverts so not able to make short notice arrangements in order to attend. Maybe it's invite only?

I've ridden Hermanus about 1 X year ago. Anyone ridden it lately? Last I remember it was just trails with little to no features.

• 3 months later...

Yo Yo Enduro this sunday!!! Boom!

First Enduro for me, super excited. ????

Just a bad day? Loved it when I ride the first one.

Now I remember why I did so bad in the first delvera, it's pedally hey, and the straight sections in my opinion is better suited for bigger wheel sizes. I'm still on 26.

But hey I did much better this time compared to the 2014 delvera enduro

Was my first one yesterday and it's safe to say I'm hooked, good & proper.

I wasn't expecting to lose a lung on the 2nd stage from sprint pedaling but it was all good. My next investment will definetly be a dropper post for my Trance, this standing and pedaling doesn't work for me. Stage 1 I placed in the 70's, Stage 2 in the 60's, Stage 3 in the 50's & Stage 4 in the 40's. Anyone know of an Enduro with 8 Stages, I think I could win it :w00t:

Great fun, thanks Dirtopia :thumbup:

Was my first one yesterday and it's safe to say I'm hooked, good & proper.

I wasn't expecting to lose a lung on the 2nd stage from sprint pedaling but it was all good. My next investment will definetly be a dropper post for my Trance, this standing and pedaling doesn't work for me. Stage 1 I placed in the 70's, Stage 2 in the 60's, Stage 3 in the 50's & Stage 4 in the 40's. Anyone know of an Enduro with 8 Stages, I think I could win it :w00t:

Great fun, thanks Dirtopia [emoji106]

Which trance you riding? U did really well for your first enduro, I've been trying to get into top 50 for the past 6 or so enduros I've completed.

But yeah enduro format is "vrek lekker", I ride this was on weekends in any case. At the events I get to see the awesome skill of others and meet awesome people.

oo post up Taahir!

Proposed dates for Enduro SEASON:

Jun 21st Sun WP Enduro 2

Jul 26th Sun WP Enduro 3

Aug 23rd Sun WP Enduro 4

Oct 10th Sat WP Enduro Champs 2015

Oct 11th Sun WP Enduro Champs 2015

We need 4 volunteers to assist the time keepers per date. Please let us know if you can assist.

Some big work taking place in the background...