2015 Cape Town Enduro Races

TAAHIRWP

I'm super amped for the Steilte enduro! The trails there are really good right now and they just getting better. Was lank dusty and loose at the end of summer but after a bit of rain it's heaven on 2 wheels.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So keen to try an enduro, looks like such a good day out. Was there any body riding on a hardtail 29er? It's the only thing putting me off. I can't really afford a trail monster at the mo, but it just seems like such a good ride.

So keen to try an enduro, looks like such a good day out. Was there any body riding on a hardtail 29er? It's the only thing putting me off. I can't really afford a trail monster at the mo, but it just seems like such a good ride.

Yep. 

Think I'm gonna bite the bullet and do the next one. By the way. Yep, to a good day out or the 29er hard tail. Hahahahaha.

Hardtail finished in the top 10....!

Maakaplan, just slap on some bigger rubber for a bit of forgiveness on the DH and to save the rims from any odd red mist blinded by oxygen deprivation totally stoked on #enduro mates racing moments.

HAVE

TO

GET

FASTER

!!!!

The sharp end of the field are looking far too comfortable and dare I say regular on the finish chart!

Hardtail finished in the top 10....!

Maakaplan, just slap on some bigger rubber for a bit of forgiveness on the DH and to save the rims from any odd red mist blinded by oxygen deprivation totally stoked on #enduro mates racing moments.

HAVE

TO

GET

FASTER

!!!!

The sharp end of the field are looking far too comfortable and dare I say regular on the finish chart!

sneaky .... I see what you did there!

Sorry but 40-60 minutes a week on an IDT won't do squat. Twice a week and then have it actually be based around intervals, and then instead of doing 20km with your mates in 4 hours on the weekend, do a 4 hour non-stop ride (i.e. 60-80km at a decent pace). Maybe then you won't feel like flubber by the end of SS1.

There's a reason the top 10 often looks the same. I'd venture a guess and say it's because they're the 10 quickest up the hill as well.

Oli Munik is just as dangerous in lycra and a 100mm hardtail as he is on an AM rig. 7 Epics and a bunch of Sani2C podiums go well with top 5 spots on the Trans Provence.

Not only is SA marathon capital of the world, we're also "let's pretend those guys are tools" capital of the world. And then they show up at an Enduro and top 10...

Sorry but 40-60 minutes a week on an IDT won't do squat. Twice a week and then have it actually be based around intervals, and then instead of doing 20km with your mates in 4 hours on the weekend, do a 4 hour non-stop ride (i.e. 60-80km at a decent pace). Maybe then you won't feel like flubber by the end of SS1.

There's a reason the top 10 often looks the same. I'd venture a guess and say it's because they're the 10 quickest up the hill as well.

Oli Munik is just as dangerous in lycra and a 100mm hardtail as he is on an AM rig. 7 Epics and a bunch of Sani2C podiums go well with top 5 spots on the Trans Provence.

Not only is SA marathon capital of the world, we're also "let's pretend those guys are tools" capital of the world. And then they show up at an Enduro and top 10...

Indeed, this is what I have been saying to by buddies. I try to do idt at least 3 to 4 times a week. Before the fire I was in tokai almost everyday. Only one I am struggling with is the long rides, which right now happens once a month and manageable.

If one puts in the hours and work (as usual) one will be rewarded

Yup.

As much as I joke about lycra lately, I think my fastest technical days were 8 years go when I was riding XC and doing 300km/week in training mileage. It's simply not possible to ride on the edge and flow and pump through gnarly stuff properly when you're toast.

Yup.

As much as I joke about lycra lately, I think my fastest technical days were 8 years go when I was riding XC and doing 300km/week in training mileage. It's simply not possible to ride on the edge and flow and pump through gnarly stuff properly when you're toast.

Absolutely

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, Im keen to try out the next enduro  event. I have a few q's

what are the distances like going uphill?

I know the uphill isn't timed, but what's the cut off time?

I'm not yet as fit as I would like to be, but I love thrashing it downhill. Keen to give it a shot.

Ive paid WPDH club fees for the year, does a membership card get sent out? I've not had any receipt of payment or anything from them yet. 

Sorry for all the noob questions, but the fact is, I am a noob when it comes to competing.

Archived