Garmin Forerunner 920xt

EugeneLNel

I've just bought one and damn do I have buyers remorse. it's so not worth the R7300 price tag. the cradle feels like a toy bought at Osmans. The unit is just too light. The software is extremely entry level - you'd expect something that warrants the price tag. the screen is small, when you use the device the screen becomes smaller because of headers. I value this device at around the R3500 mark. i'm riding the 99er tomorrow and will be taking it for its first test run. I so hope this device redeems itself tomorrow.

That sucks!! DCRainmaker gave it a great review. So I'm surprised.

I'll check that review. Let's see what happens after tomorrows race. (Not a happy chappy)

That sucks!! DCRainmaker gave it a great review. So I'm surprised.

I'll check that review. Let's see what happens after tomorrows race. (Not a happy chappy)

• 3 weeks later...

Too light?? Not possible on a cycling forum.

Saying something is too light is like kissing your sister, you just shouldn't do it.

Check out the fenix 3, DC Rainmaker seems to think it's built on the same platform but includes fenix functionality. I'm toying with holding out for that once it hits our shores.

Also comes with a very slick metal strap making it a good looking day to day watch, also, it's made with a lot of metal of the unit itself so should weigh a ton.

Archived