Pike or Revelation (for trance)?

DanielJhb

I'm upgrading the fork on my 2014 trance, is it worth splashing out on a Pike or will a revelation be good enough? I weigh around 70kgs for what it's worth.

Revelation will be a HUGE step up from the Fox that's on there. If your budget can stretch a Pike will be an even greater step up.

Maybe consider getting a Revelation and spend the balance on a DBInline shock. 

As a matter of interest, what sort of riding do you do most of the time?

I just went from Fox Evo to Revelation....so far its flippin awesome!!

spend the balance on a DBInline shock. 

...and the rest of your money on fixing the DBInline on a regular basis.

The rest of what Iwan has said I agree with, if you've been used to the Fox that's on there, you'll love the Revelation. Pikes are incredible forks, but you need to be pushing pretty damn hard to justify running one over a Revelation. I have both in my garage, the Revelation is an awesome fork for 90% of scenarios.

haven't used a revelation but upgrade from a fox 36 to a pike.

Pike is brilliant.

Didn't think there was much wrong with the fox until it broke, but the difference in feel between the two is massive.

If you go with the pike you wont regret it.

Standard tapered headset. 1 1/8 to 1 1/2  - So you will need the top bits from a tapered set to make it fit... I would think...

I've had the revelation RCT3 140mm on my stumpjumper for a month as a replacement for the Fox Float and I couldn't be happier. If I was going 150mm (especially 29") then I would lean to the Pike, otherwise the revelation has been fantastic.

HI Guys

I have the 2015 Trance with the Fox float. I heard there was a difference with the 2014 and 2015 Fox forks. Anyone know more about this?

So far the fork is serving me well, but I don't know any better. Ignorance is bliss....

I have looked at upgrading, but only because I want a little more travel and thicker upper tube.

All my googling has come up with similar info as posted above, the pikes seem to be top dog.

Can someone possibly explain what will be necessary to install a rev on the 2014 trance? Does the OD2 make it difficult/more expensive?

Archived