Tri bike search

Hendrick Gunter

I am looking for a 58 or 59 second hand Tri bike. I have looked and looked and looked. Any ideas where to look guys?

I have been on gum tree, the hub, ananzi, bid or buy, olx. Junk mail etc.

the main problem is size...

I am 1.93m tall. I would love to buy a new one but my wife said if I pay more than 20K she will kill me. There are nice buys for 2nd hand bikes

I am 1.93m tall. I would love to buy a new one but my wife said if I pay more than 20K she will kill me. There are nice buys for 2nd hand bikes

There is a bigger problem here than your search for a bike. Your wife simply cannot know how much you spend on bikes and gear. Being a triathlete I know that costs need to be kept vague.

My normal lines are, I got a good deal - I can sell it for twice what I paid. Its less than the cost of a pair of shoes, I exchanged them for my old ones and only had to put a bit more in, you cant put a price on my health - I want to be here in our golden years and my favorite I also got you a dishwasher so we can spend more time together. 

There is a bigger problem here than your search for a bike. Your wife simply cannot know how much you spend on bikes and gear. Being a triathlete I know that costs need to be kept vague.

My normal lines are, I got a good deal - I can sell it for twice what I paid. Its less than the cost of a pair of shoes, I exchanged them for my old ones and only had to put a bit more in, you cant put a price on my health - I want to be here in our golden years and my favorite I also got you a dishwasher so we can spend more time together. 

Classic!! :w00t:  :w00t:

Maybe an idea...

Get in touch with some of the triathlon coaching companies, they might know of athletes wanting to sell or even have one lying around they would be willing to sell...

Also, have you been for a tri bike fit? I know many fitters recommend smaller size bikes than normal for athletes, so you might end up needing like a 56-57...

Hi Raydek. Thanks for the idea! Have contacted the guys in Jhb. Yes I have. My road bike is a 61 so a 58 or 59 will be the size for me.

I am looking for a 58 or 59 second hand Tri bike. I have looked and looked and looked. Any ideas where to look guys?

I have been on gum tree, the hub, ananzi, bid or buy, olx. Junk mail etc.

the main problem is size...

I have a Felt B2 that I am looking to sell. I want to buy a road bike instead... I am looking for R18,000 and it is a size 58. I am in Fourways area in Jhb

Archived