Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Any one selling or trading a black strap? I have a red one and a velcro black one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one selling or trading a black strap? I have a red one and a velcro black one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inbox me you details.

Is anyone having issues syncing by bluetooth after the 6.90 software update?

It "syncs" but the activity doesn't upload. I have to physically plug the watch in via USB to get the activity uploaded. 

It "syncs" but the activity doesn't upload. I have to physically plug the watch in via USB to get the activity uploaded. 

I haven't had this issue but loads of issues with stored heartrate downloads from the HRM-Tri band.  Either did not work or corrupted files.

Eventually did a hard re-set and so far so good...

To do this power off the watch and then on again, as soon as the Garmin logo is displayed hold the start and back buttons in until you hear a beep.  On the first beep let go of Start whilst still holding in Back until the second beep, then let go of Back.

NOTE:  This will delete everything from the watch...totals VO2 max etc etc etc.

But ist does seem to sort out some of the issues...

Has been ok for me, loaded 2 activities yesterday and 1 this morning

I'm having the same problem....just do a hard reset and it will sort out the problem

I have had 3 updates today, maybe has something to do with this issue and resolving it. Still on 6.90 though

I have had 3 updates today, maybe has something to do with this issue and resolving it. Still on 6.90 though

I also had updates but didn't reslove any of that kind of problems.

Seems like ever since Fenix 3 came out, Garmin had a lot of software issues and problems.

Suunto Ambit 3 NOTHING!!!

I also had updates but didn't reslove any of that kind of problems.

Seems like ever since Fenix 3 came out, Garmin had a lot of software issues and problems.

Suunto Ambit 3 NOTHING!!!

i must be one of the lucky (might be stupidity) ones as ive had mine for nearly a year now and no issues. 

Edited by Oxter

Many of the updates are 3rd party application updates and not Garmin, hence the version remaining the same.

Only crap isnthat you have to setup apps again .. on the watch.

Still dont understand why these cannot be done on the garmin connect portal or express app or at least backed up there like with Polar.

Such a shlep!

Only crap isnthat you have to setup apps again .. on the watch.

Still dont understand why these cannot be done on the garmin connect portal or express app or at least backed up there like with Polar.

Such a shlep!

Thanks for the heads-up. I think I will wait until 7.1 is released. Hopefully it will sort that matter out. (But I may be kidding myself also!)

Thanks for the heads-up. I think I will wait until 7.1 is released. Hopefully it will sort that matter out. (But I may be kidding myself also!)

Don't hold your breath though, I have submitted several suggestions to their suggestions team but they have yet to be implemented.

Such as distinguishing between offroad and onroad as I don't want my 21k road time to compete with my 21k trail running time and same with road and mtb. Similarly distances.

It dilutes the stats and really cannot be compared.

Anther issue I have is that you cannot switch Sensors off for certain apps.

So I have made a Gym Cardio App but I am not utilising any sensor data on that apart from HR.

Similarly I have a Wattbike profile where I utilise HR, Power, Speed and Cadence.

We have a few Wattbikes at the Gym and you don't always get to use the same one so you pair with all of them.

So every morning I come in for a Cardio session I have to first cancel the connection requests from the 14 odd sensors and can then start my Gym Cardio app.

Small  issues but just makes it frustrating to use.

Edited by Izak