Garmin Fenix 3

StevieL

Hi shaper, it worked perfectly thank you.

On the fenix, I must manually add the wheel size, which it asks for in mm.

so 29inch = 736.6 mm.  is this the correct number to enter?

I have a road wheel on the back, so should the value be something else, or only 700mm?

Wheel size is circumference and not diameter, so you will be around 2285 or more depending on your tyre size.

As BDF says, set your F3 setting for wheel size to auto and the gps function of the watch will calibrate it 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheel size is circumference and not diameter, so you will be around 2285 or more depending on your tyre size.

As BDF says, set your F3 setting for wheel size to auto and the gps function of the watch will calibrate it 

thank you.

Anyone know when the 3 HR will be available?

The moment I can get my grubby hands on one, I'll sell my "old" one.....

Anyone know if there is a Fenix 4 in the pipeline? Thinking it might be better to wait.

*not sure if it has been discussed here.

Thanks

Okay....got the HR version.

Some shops have stock.  apparently Garmin is shipping as we speak. 
Normal 3 now in the adds. 

Okay....got the HR version.

Some shops have stock.  apparently Garmin is shipping as we speak. 

Normal 3 now in the adds. 

Dog.

Cape Union Mart Adventure Store in Canal Walk have stock of the Fenix 3 HR (R10499).

Don't think the Fenix 4 will be out shortly....

Please give feedback on the HR version for those who already purchased one?

HR accuracy ect.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, please assist.  my fenix 3 have failed to show new PB's that was set while running for 5 & 10km.  it does show on my strava that it is PB, but not updating on the watch under stats, records.  any way to fix? thx

Hi guys, please assist.  my fenix 3 have failed to show new PB's that was set while running for 5 & 10km.  it does show on my strava that it is PB, but not updating on the watch under stats, records.  any way to fix? thx

Have you maybe rune faster with the watch on than was previously recorded n Strava or did not sync the previous PB.

Look under Records for the time and see if they correspond with the times on the actual exercise (look at the splits on the actual exercise) and on Strava.

Have you maybe rune faster with the watch on than was previously recorded n Strava or did not sync the previous PB.

Look under Records for the time and see if they correspond with the times on the actual exercise (look at the splits on the actual exercise) and on Strava.

hi, thx.  I have run previously with watch, which captured the PB that comes on the screen to show 5km or 10km or half.  but now I improved those times, but the watch does not update.  There is a option to delete previous records, but I was under the impression that the watch will automatically update this.

hi, thx.  I have run previously with watch, which captured the PB that comes on the screen to show 5km or 10km or half.  but now I improved those times, but the watch does not update.  There is a option to delete previous records, but I was under the impression that the watch will automatically update this.

It most certainly does update automatically.  You will get an on-screen message after your exercise has been completed to inform you of the new record.

For instance I bettered my 10k time yesterday and it shows under records on my watch.  It also shows under personal records on the garmin connect portal but needs to be accepted there manually to update the existing one on the portal.

It most certainly does update automatically.  You will get an on-screen message after your exercise has been completed to inform you of the new record.

For instance I bettered my 10k time yesterday and it shows under records on my watch.  It also shows under personal records on the garmin connect portal but needs to be accepted there manually to update the existing one on the portal.

thx man.  Will try to better the time again and see what it does.  cheers

thx man.  Will try to better the time again and see what it does.  cheers

I am with what Izak said. It asks if you want to update the record. you need to affirm, then it does.

With about a week left on my warranty, my Fenix's gps decided to stop working (fiance was p!$$ed as she wanted to use it during the IM 70.3 durban on Sunday and it stop working on the saturday :oops: :whistling: :D ).  Took it to garmin and they swopped it out for an early bday present (thats they way i choose to see it).