looking for a trail to ride

Louzy

ive always ridden at tokai, very rarely made my way out to the winelands to ride there. now that we have nowhere to ride here (deep south) i want to make the effort to go ride the different trails...

who rides where? who enjoys what trails the most? i want to drive out tomorrow so keen to see who suggests where.

thnx

Some work to firm up the loose sand was put into Red Hill recently - or it should have been done??

Then there is talk about something close to Tokai being opened soon. Too early to tell as discussions only start again in two weeks but if concluded with favourable results may mean a rideable route within two months.

That's my best attempt at being vague. All I can confirm is that when it happens, they'll let you know through most channels..

tygerberg, but without membership you can't do much there, so Welvanpas it must be.

thnx MTBeer... welvenpas, is it easy to find?

Some work to firm up the loose sand was put into Red Hill recently - or it should have been done??

Then there is talk about something close to Tokai being opened soon. Too early to tell as discussions only start again in two weeks but if concluded with favourable results may mean a rideable route within two months.

That's my best attempt at being vague. All I can confirm is that when it happens, they'll let you know through most channels..

could you be maybe possibly talking about the Epic prologue tracks through UCT area?

could you be maybe possibly talking about the Epic prologue tracks through UCT area?

er that is a definite no, but now that you bring it up, the north is also worth considering.

Rheebokskloof near Wellington is well worth the drive out for awesome trails and great venue

thnx Benny

Louzy.

For a varied and really nice ride with easy to follow trails, you can't get better that Bottelary Hills Trails.

R40.00 buys you a day pass to some brilliant trails.

Google them.

Louzy.

For a varied and really nice ride with easy to follow trails, you can't get better that Bottelary Hills Trails.

R40.00 buys you a day pass to some brilliant trails.

Google them.

thnx Wannabe... will look them up now.

Where is Red Hill that you speak of?  The one above Simons Town?  Roodeberg mountains?  I thought we weren't allowed there?

Where is Red Hill that you speak of?  The one above Simons Town?  Roodeberg mountains?  I thought we weren't allowed there?

i also dont know how safe the red hill area is...

Hikers mugged by 3 armed muggers on Red Hill this week so just be warned do not do it alone.

thnx MTBeer... welvenpas, is it easy to find?

Just google them. In Wellington. If you are driving all the way to Wellington then Welvanpas is better than Rheebokskloof in my opinion.

My picks:

Welvenpas - Black Route is a tough 30km loop with some fast singletrack.

Paul Cluver - Some fun bridges and berm parts + skills park

Rhebokskloof - almost completely single track, can ride it easy or smash it and enjoy both.

Bottleray Hills - a whole day adventure, tough climbs and some nice single track, nothing technical though.

My picks:

Welvenpas - Black Route is a tough 30km loop with some fast singletrack.

Paul Cluver - Some fun bridges and berm parts + skills park

Rhebokskloof - almost completely single track, can ride it easy or smash it and enjoy both.

Bottleray Hills - a whole day adventure, tough climbs and some nice single track, nothing technical though.

thnx droenn

Archived