[Event] Robertson Winery Wacky Wine Weekend MTB 2015

Robertson Winery MTB

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a fatty or 27.5+? Looks really cool. Wonder how it will do in the mud

Its a fatty, 29x2.3. It's a Borealis Echo

I'll be there riding this weekend. For my drive-train's sake I hope it is not too muddy. Already took a pounding at Darling.

But mud and dirt and the outdoors are the main reasons why we like MTB, so it's always interesting to see how guys and girls perform when the conditions get more testing.

Was worried about the mud and planned on taking the singlespeed and doing the shorter 50km,but was informed this morning that I would have to work on Saterday.[emoji35]

Well now, as it turns out I may not have to worry about putting my strained drivetrain through the mud. 

There's a good chance that I'm gonna do it all on a brand new ride! Now the dilemma - do I save a brand new set of components from the harsh baptism of fire/*mud*, or is the overwhelming urge to see what the new beast can do going to triumph?

One of those nasty #firstworldproblems!  :eek:

to those taking part tomorrow enjoy, trust it wont be too much of a mudfest....

to those taking part tomorrow enjoy, trust it wont be too much of a mudfest....

I will stop,..and carry my bike over every puddle of mud :) as I have no intentions of racing, being my first ride in two weeks (literally), and a chilled weekend after some crazy work days, at the inlaws in Worcester :)

The weather is looking great and and the our guys worked till late out on the routes to make sure this ride is as much fun as possible. We've built bridges over water crossings and rerouted smaller sections where necessary but all in all, the route is looking great! We are very proud of our guys who built 4 brand new routes in 4 months and managed to overcome this weeks crazy weather. Please make sure to stay for a glass of wine afterwards! Safe riding tomorrow....see you out there!

The weather is looking great and and the our guys worked till late out on the routes to make sure this ride is as much fun as possible. We've built bridges over water crossings and rerouted smaller sections where necessary but all in all, the route is looking great! We are very proud of our guys who built 4 brand new routes in 4 months and managed to overcome this weeks crazy weather. Please make sure to stay for a glass of wine afterwards! Safe riding tomorrow....see you out there!

So looking forward to this! New route, just getting on my bike, enjoying what i enjoy most and then to come home to my inlaws "NOU GAAN ONS BRAAI" vibes :)

So looking forward to this! New route, just getting on my bike, enjoying what i enjoy most and then to come home to my inlaws "NOU GAAN ONS BRAAI" vibes :)

Hey Brandon, enjoy!! Sooo wanted to join but driving to Robertson Saterday morning for the race just seem a bit of a push after a hard working week.

Is any one driving trough to the race from Cape Town?

Hey Brandon, enjoy!! Sooo wanted to join but driving to Robertson Saterday morning for the race just seem a bit of a push after a hard working week.

Is any one driving trough to the race from Cape Town?

Thx Cacey! hope you find a lift to the venue!.....a Shout out to anyone from CT,.."Give that man a...Lift"

Archived