If Five Tens are the best flat pedal shoe, then what's 2nd best?

DemitriN

3 hours ago, Spafsack said:

Thanx Steady, wonder how these compare to 2fo, i am sure i heard the 2fo has major stiff soles, but i might be wrong. Will see if i can test as many as possible.

My 2fo are the clip version so maybe they don't compare, but if you call those stiff then I'm afraid you may have a very disappointed partner.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Trashy said:

My 2fo are the clip version so maybe they don't compare, but if you call those stiff then I'm afraid you may have a very disappointed partner.

The roost versions or version 2 are flat, non clip. But if they flexy then I will pass.

1 hour ago, Spafsack said:

Thanx J, not cheap at all, but I am willing to give this a go.

I have 3 pairs which get alternated. They stretch, they sit nicely, that are adjustable and the pocket on the back is sweat/splash resistant so your phone/key isn't going to drown.

The Vye trail shorts are also rad but I wasn't sure if they came in Navy (ish).

https://vyecyclekit.cc/collections/down-low/products/grain-trail-shorts

16 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

I have the Leatt 3.0, coming from 510 FreeRider Pro, the sole is a lot stiffer, they are really nice shoes

How is the fir compared to the 510's? I might have to order online as shops here don't really stock my size anything so just curious if I should order the same size as my 510's?

3 hours ago, Pieter1 said:

How is the fir compared to the 510's? I might have to order online as shops here don't really stock my size anything so just curious if I should order the same size as my 510's?

Fit the same, I had EU44 510 and got EU44 Leatt, just keep in mind the laces on the Leatt, they have ZERO stretch, so once the are done up, they are done up, you actually have to have them quite loose when you first put them on, otherwise you will get sore feet....

13 hours ago, Spafsack said:

Guys what flat pedals you rolling on for interest sake, I'm on DMR V12 magnesiums 

Have Crankbrothers Stamp 2 large on one bike, and OneUp composites on the other bike

14 hours ago, Spafsack said:

Guys what flat pedals you rolling on for interest sake, I'm on DMR V12 magnesiums 

DMR V8's, but looking to change soon to the Burgtec MK5's

14 hours ago, Spafsack said:

I'm on Specialized Bennies Platform pedals.

6 hours ago, Pieter1 said:

Hi Pieter, its taking a big chance importing, they all different sizes. I ordered / imported my second pair of five tens from the UK, like 2 years ago, same size as my old ones, so i knew they would fit.

2 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Have Crankbrothers Stamp 2 large on one bike, and OneUp composites on the other bike

Also tried out the large stamp 2's a while back, they felt 'flat' if this makes sense, no concave, guess i was spoilt with concaves, i just feel more comfy and in control on concaves. Think the Oneup is also flat-ish, not sure, never tried them.

Popped in at LBS this morning, i saw the Leatt DB Shoes, version 1 and 2, man o man, those 2's have stiff soles. I cant believe how stiff they are compared to my current five tens. Then again, did my five tens arrive brand new, as stiff, i dont think so. So far the leatt is now ticking my boxes, just need to find my size. Very impressed with build quality, look and feel. Wonder if the version 3's are the same, just as stiff.