Sun City Ultra

TYWALK

So who is doing the race ?

What do you think we can expect ?

I see the run router is 2 laps but it does not show the direction of the run route. Does it go up the hill to the Palace or down the hill from the Palace to Cabanas ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is doing the race ? What do you think we can expect ? I see the run router is 2 laps but it does not show the direction of the run route. Does it go up the hill to the Palace or down the hill from the Palace to Cabanas ?

It is at the Lost City, right? So why should you get a route map?

It is at the Lost City, right? So why should you get a route map?

There is a bit if a difference running up that hill or down the hill. The Route info on the website is not clear. 

Its like running up bunkers hill at East London. 

entered this one...looking forward to it...

what goes up must come down....so I guess where we score a downhill we get an uphill...that's life in these lap events

Does anyone know what the bike leg is like?  Is it laps or is it an out and back route?

Some news for those who are interested...

PRESS RELEASE

SUN CITY ULTRA TRIATHLON ENTRIES EXTENDED:

Due to popular demand the race organizers of the Sun City Ultra Triathlon have kept pre entries open until the 16th of April. "Our race office has been inundated by emails and phone calls post ironman from athletes wanting to enter depending on how their legs recover" says race director Damian Bradley. " We have therefore decided to keep the pre-entries open for another week. Pre entries will now be open until 5pm on the 16th of April. Thereafter late entries will be allowed if there is space available.

Sun City's first Ultra Triathlon looks to be taking the Gauteng by storm. Organisers , B-Active Sports have increased the allocated field to 1200 athletes, across the two distances. This field will make it Gauteng's biggest triathlon and the 3rd biggest Triathlon in South Africa. Athletes will be treated to one of the most beautiful running routes in Africa, with a 2 lap 21km running course around the Gary Player and Lost City Golf courses. Athletes will also be treated to free entrance to the Valley of the waves as well as some exclusive Race merchandise and apparel. There will be loads for the family to do while Mom or Dad competes, so get to Sun city on the 10th of May and show your support for the athletes sweating it out to the finish line.

Picture: Gerhard De Bruin, who is one of the favorites to win the inaugural Sun City Ultra Triathlon. 

post-2881-0-92452800-1428655588_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what the bike leg is like?  Is it laps or is it an out and back route?

2 laps 45km as I understand it

"This field will make it Gauteng's biggest triathlon and the 3rd biggest Triathlon in South Africa. "

Ummm...Damien, Sun City is not in Gauteng, it is in the North West Province! On that logic, 70.3 is Gauteng's largest triathlon as more than 50% of entries are from Gauteng.  :w00t: 

Edited by davem