Sun City Ultra

TYWALK

2 laps 45km as I understand it

Thanks for the reply.  Does this mean we will do the hill twice like it is at Global?

just entered....  No training since IM....time to get something in the legs before the 10th :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply.  Does this mean we will do the hill twice like it is at Global?

just entered....  No training since IM....time to get something in the legs before the 10th :)

from what I can ascertain there is around 1080 foot of elevation each lap so around 650metres in total over 90kays...going to be fast depending on wind.

I started training on Monday ... was feeling pretty good but seem to have picked up some flu ...so we wait n see...

Ok, that is pretty flat.  Just depends on the wind direction on the day.....but i am sure it cant be worse than PE :)

Will go for a short run tomorrow....easy cycle with my wife at Emperors on Sunday and then start with some sort of training plan next week.

Think i will be doing a lot of running the next 3 weeks 

• 4 weeks later...

on this weekend...cracked some ribs a couple of weeks ago so its been interesting...will take the start and take it from there.

Looking forward to it, season ender pretty much...been a good season for me....4 ultra's, sprint, 5150 and IM...

Any news on the wetsuit swim possibility?  I have an injured shoulder and a wetsuit swim will help a lot.

I think it will be wetsuit allowable, not compulsory though...should be good for a wetsuit though as I doubt the water will be above 24 degrees...

Expected water temp for Sunday is 24 / 25 deg.

Actual temp expected to be around 24 as well... I stand corrected however having done a number of open water swims there in the past it has never been close to 24 degrees so will be surprised if it is on sunday.

A back spasm that i picked up before IM has flared up. Have done no training since IM except for a few leisurely races. Did Emperors cycle race with my wife 2 weeks ago, only bike ride i have done. Done 2 runs, 21km slow mag and 15km Colgate races.

Think the option for me is to give this a skip.....and try and get all the niggles sorted before the start of the next season.  Pity, really looked forward to the race but i might just do more damage than good

How does the outside temp rule work?

1.       Swim temperatures have been adjusted in line with 2015 ITU Rules. Wetsuits compulsory for temps below 16 deg. Wetsuits are not allowed for temps over 24.5 deg. (21.9 deg for the Pros). This increases the likelihood of wetsuits being compulsory for those whose don't have one.

2.       For temperatures below 18.3 deg, you may wear neoprene booties. “((e) Neoprene or any other booties are prohibited unless the water temperature is 18.3 degrees C/65.0 degrees F, or colder)”

Ironman and ITU rules are now in line. Sun City should be the same as it is sanctioned by TSA.

So I am screwed.  DaveM you racing Sunday?

Nope. Riding tandems at the moment with my wife.

Next triathlon will probably be TriRock Durbs

In what area will the temps be measured? I wanna drop a few bags of ice there 65 minutes before race start

I will swim without irrespective of the temperature. Cracked some ribs and getting in and out of the wetsuit is just going to cause me pain I reckon :)

I'll be there supporting, need to do a 4hr ride though somewhere on the weekend - probably Sunday.  Does anyone know if the old Cansa Lost City route is safe to ride alone - I suppose it's all relative, but I'm more concerned about the hijacking threat.

Archived