[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

If they didn't cross the line 1,2 and 3 they didn't come 1,2, and 3. AFAIK there was some sort of seeding taken into consideration. Those who were serious enough would have contested said seeding to get a better start time to contest for a podium.

Unfortunately, if you started in Z and got a faster than time than A, it doesn't affect the outcome. Winners are first three across the line.

For the shorter distances there aren't proper seedings, your group depends on how early you entered. Not on your ability.

So I guess if you want to be in contention for a podium you have to enter on the day the entries open - but not a particular fair way to determine podium places imo, probably better to drop the whole podium thing for the shorter distances and declare it a funride.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the shorter distances there aren't proper seedings, your group depends on how early you entered. Not on your ability.

So I guess if you want to be in contention for a podium you have to enter on the day the entries open - but not a particular fair way to determine podium places imo, probably better to drop the whole podium thing for the shorter distances and declare it a funride.

Or do the seeding properly, you know, like what you pay for in your entry :P even with their 2 or 3 racetec events they would have had a better seeding than starting at the back.

Or do the seeding properly, you know, like what you pay for in your entry :P even with their 2 or 3 racetec events they would have had a better seeding than starting at the back.

Personally if I wanted to race for podium in the short distance I would rate my chances of managing an early entry much better than the chances of Dirtopia getting my seeding right.  :ph34r:

Personally if I wanted to race for podium in the short distance I would rate my chances of managing an early entry much better than the chances of Dirtopia getting my seeding right. :ph34r:

Ha ha ha. Do you really want to podium though, you got to look sort of respectable after the race and have to put your post race beer down :(

Ha ha ha. Do you really want to podium though, you got to look sort of respectable after the race and have to put your post race beer down :(

Lets keep perspective...we are talking about a 15 year old who rode through the batches and fought her way to a 2nd fastest time...in my opinion she deserves the podium more than the 30 year old person who had the 30th fastest time but somehow found herself in the front batch.

Lets keep perspective...we are talking about a 15 year old who rode through the batches and fought her way to a 2nd fastest time...in my opinion she deserves the podium more than the 30 year old person who had the 30th fastest time but somehow found herself in the front batch.

I was taking to skubs directly.

I completely agree with you and have posted how they should have sorted out their seedings which would have meant they started in the front bunch.

I was taking to skubs directly.

I completely agree with you and have posted how they should have sorted out their seedings which would have meant they started in the front bunch.

Ha ha...It did come across as though I was responding to your direct message...sorry bout that...

Flip this was a hard race - sure I'm super unfit atm, but still! I was making aeroplane noises with my mouth on Papegaaiberg, to distract my legs from cramping...
All in, what a fun race!  A lot less crowded than last year.  And, bonus, I saw a guy do an accidental 180 on that little clay switchback just before Helshoogte pass, front wheel got hung up on the top of the berm and suddenly - boom, 180. It happened so quick he was still on his bike facing up in the trail, one leg still clipped in. 

Archived