Video: The Halfbike II

News bot

T​he commercial release of Halfbike II - a new kind of personal vehicle designed with the user’s experience in mind is a complete success. Our Kickstarter campaign reached its funding goal in less than 24 hours with the help of over 250 backers. We are currently on the way to the first stretch goal. If the campaign reaches $250,000 all Halfbikes will be fitted with lights and fenders.

Click here to view the article

Seems interesting and suppose it is nice to play with, but in terms of commuting it does not seem efficient enough. Also I would not want to try and go downhill on the half bike, you would be on your face very quickly, so I guess your options and terrain are very limited.

Ummm... a bike has two wheels...

Naming silliness aside, looks like a lot of fun to ride down your local beach promenade. Use on the road to commute, I don't think so.

I could see people renting these on Durban beachfront.

Think they will work well in europe where people want to travel by "foot" and do sightseeing... in South africa im battling to see this happening.

South africans will probably think your to poor to have a car riding that thing. Anyway i love it and seems to be a fun toy!!! Those guys seems to know their business and i hope they do well!

halfbike world cup DH event ??? bwhaa haa ha, I think that thing would be a jol.... but how to wheelie it >?? endo mondo..... :)

If I lived in Manhattan or somewhere like that, then this would make sense.  Could be very, very light, less than 4 kg if make properly.  Reckon the handlebar could collapse as well, so you could carry it onto the tube.  Then your walk to your apartment or office is much quicker.

would love to see how it actually climbs! In the video everything is pretty flat.

I recon... it will be to hard for the average commuter to use "stand up pedaling" and "pumping" is to much like hard work for most people.

Micro Scooters already being used to commute on in cities, much easier to use and more compact.

Good idea for fitness tho...

Can we all agree that they should just start at 650b? May save us a fortune as end users..

Besides, I don't think I could go through another set of wheel size debates again.. :(

• 1 year later...

:ph34r:  Screw Fatbikes - do the Epic on a HalfBike... 

Halfbike,  Rigid, Single Speed and no saddle!!!! anyone who does the epic on that is hardcore!